1989 Ford F-150 - Piston through oil pan

Idle speed is still 800 rpms. More than enough inertia to send a piston through an oil pan.

Bluetooth pistons before Bluetooth was even invented. That’s just Ford being well ahead of it’s time.
:wink:

I sense there’s a comedy element, but I’m not sure what you mean by a “bluetooth piston”.

Bluetooth devices are connected wirelessly. no wires and, in this case, no rods to hold it in place. :rofl:

2 Likes

Put me on the list of people who don’t get the Bluetooth joke.

2 Likes

That piston is now working remotely.

4 Likes

I’m going to take a stab at the Bluetooth punch line
 When something is “connected” by Bluetooth, it is done so without any physical connection; therefore, the piston is also Bluetooth and it’s not physically connected anymore either

In the mean time
 What do you call a prehistoric striped cat with a bluetooth headset?

Answer: A cybertoothed tiger

2 Likes

Were you stationed in Germany? . . . I would say West Germany, if it was in 1969

If so, where?

If you are referring to Germany69Army; then let’s look at the Geo-political map at that time. If “G” was stationed in East Germany in 1969, he would not have been in the US Army
( L :laughing: L )

If we had an Embassy or Consulate in East Germany, the OP could have been there.

On the other hand, could be one of those “I can tell you, but then I would have to kill you” situations.

3 Likes

I can’t help but feel you’re having a laugh, and you think it’s at my expense

I was well aware of “the geo-political map at the time” when I made my comment, fyi

And both MY country of birth and my mom’s country of birth do not currently exist with the borders and names they had at the time we were respectively born . . . lots of people fall in that category, btw :thinking:

I actually like you and your comments . . . they are usually quite informative and funny :smiley:

But I don’t like it when you seem to be lecturing me :neutral_face:

1 Like

Well in that case it just needs to be paired again like the other 5.

1 Like

I apologize, I did not intend to lecture, I was only making fun of the fact that we did not know which side of the wall, he served on
 My use of the term “geo-political” was, admittedly high-brow

So, I’ll try to keep this informative and funny

There were two reason I thought this was funny is that my wife is a “Daughter of the America Revolution (DAR)” whose family came to America before the US was a nation and fought in the American Revolution

I joking tell my wife I could be eligible for membership in the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR or NSSAR) because my family also fought in the American Revolution, but being they are Scottish and fought for the British, I would not a welcome member

The other reason is that a long time ago, we were gabbing around the office and recalling who was President when we were born, I was born in 1950 and Harry Truman was President then, it was then that Old Burt stopped by the office and one of the guys asked Burt who was President when he was born. Burt looked around at all of us and said matter of factily, “Adolf Hitler, but we called him the FĂŒhrer
”

We broke out in laughter as we remembered that Burt was born in Germany in the late 1930’s and he lived through WWII and his family immigrated to the US in the 1950’s

So, if you’ve ever watched “Showtime at the Apollo” you might know who the Sandman is and if these stories were not entertaining and/or funny, I’ll gladly let the Sandman drag me off stage

PS: this all started with a Bluetooth Piston and whether it could be paired again; at least, I told a “pair” of stories
 :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you!

We’re all good :smiley:

I enjoyed your latest story and I look forward to more!

I don’t know if you saw the “Grumpy old men” movies . . . but I seem to remember there was a scene in one of the movies in which Walter Matthau or Jack Lemmon mentioned going on a date with a “daughter of the revolution”

My mom was an exchange student in Albion Michigan around 1958 and she gave a speech to the “daughters of the american revolution” because they apparently sponsored her

I guess it’s a small world :wink:

Tricky Dick was still US president when I was born . . . what a mixed bag that guy was, imo

As for Adolf Hitler, wasn’t he technically president and chancellor at the same time? Now there’s a guy who was bed news all around

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with “Showtime at the Apollo” . . . I’ll have to look into that. Thanks!

Did you say you were once stationed at Davis-Monthan?

If so, have they ever had anything like “tours” for civilians?

Second hand story, I worked for the VA. There was a guy that during casual conversation mentioned he too served during WWII, the other guy told him he should apply for VA benefits, turns out he served in the Wehrmacht!

1 Like

As they say, it’s a small world
 You were born when Tricky Dick was President and I was stationed then at my first duty station (1971 -1975) after Tech School at Luke AFB, AZ. I was a Jet Engine mechanic then and while the Viet Nam was still going on and parts were scarce
 I was often sent to the Bone Yard at D-M then to scavenge parts. The Boneyard was not open to the public then, but anybody who could get on base could go to the bone yard, they just did not care then. The bone yard was really little more than a junk yard for airplanes back then. They had this huge sheet of steel that they dropped from a crane like a guillotine that just sliced the airplanes into shreds and the planes were sold for scrap metal then.

Then in 1974, I was a young Staff Sergeant (E-5) and President Nixon was visiting Phoenix for a big rally and the whole base was required to report to the flight line and welcome the President as he exited the plane. He stood on the top of the stairway and waved for just a few seconds, then, all of a sudden, he was rushed done the stairs, into a limo, and there were THREE of them, and each took off with various support and security vehicles and they ran out all three gates. No one had any idea which caravan he was in and the three caravans each took separate routes to Phoenix

We should have figured something like this was going to happen. For a week previous, all the curbs had to be repainted, every line on the road had to be repainted, it was Hot then and the grass was all dead and brown, so we had to paint it, that’s right we were out in force, rolling Green Paint onto all the lawns that were adjacent to all three routes the three caravans were taking off the base. Most bushes were also dead, and we had to go into base housing and cut all the live bushes down that the base residents had spent time and money on growing. We then had to cut up the bushes and shove the live branches into the dead bushes
 Most buildings on base were WWII era and made of wood, one of our additional duties was to cut a “fire-break” around every building; it was basically a 24" ditch. If the grass caught fire, the flames would not burn up to the buildings

And to answer your question, I was assigned to Davis-Monthan AFB in the late ‘90s and I retired from there in 2000. At that time, the Pima Air Museum, south of town offered tours through the Bone Yard. Then after 9/11, the base was closed to civilian tours. I have heard that the tours are once again back on. But I do not think you can get out and look and touch, I think it’s just a sit in the bus and get driven around
 You’ have to google what there is offered. One word of advice, there are civilian aircraft bone yards too, so if you are checking, be sure it’s the bone yard at Davis-Monthan AFB

So, you are not “not familiar with “Showtime at the Apollo”, it was a talent show like America’s got Talent, but it was mostly singing, no acts
 It the crowd did not like you, and you got Boo’d, the “Sandman” was dressed up like a Hobo with a biggo hook type cane, would come out to much hullaballoo and he would “hook” you and drag you off stage

What was the presidents name in 1943?

It was Joseph Biden, he has not changed his name :wink:

3 Likes

No it wasn’t, Joe Biden was born in 1942.

Barkydog was making a joke!

2 Likes

Yep, when at Eddie’s Place (Edwards AFB) they painted the grass anytime a “VIP” visited.