1989 Ford F-150 - Piston through oil pan

One of my college roommates returned from summer vacation with a story. His father ran a mine in Bishop, CA. This was at the start of land reclamation in California. They put top soil back after stripping and planted grass - it looked nice. So nice that they made a video of it. Unfortunately, the brown dirt showed through the green grass a bit too much. They sprayed the same plot of ground with green paint and did a second take.

A few years ago, I was watching one of those Home Sales shows and the team went in to suggest ways to improve the salability of the house. Besides washing the roof to remove mildew, they brought in a company that “Painted Lawns”
 Yeah a business that did it full time. They use some type of non-toxic dye and depending on various factors, including the fact that the dead grass did not need cutting, the dye-job could last for several months.

But, so many years ago, when we painted the grass, it was probably lead-based

If you have a hankering for a nice Green Lawn, Google “Lawn Dye,” a lot of products come up available from all our favorite sources: Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, True Value, etc

Here is a How-To YouTube video Link

And to keep this all car related, it will cover up that dead spot in your lawn where that BlueTooth Piston blew and dumped your oil all over the lawn
 LoL

A few decades ago, the authority that administers The Garden State Parkway hired a new landscaping firm that proceeded to remove grass from steep, hard-to-mow embankments, and they replaced the grass with rocks & pebbles that they sprayed with some sort of dye. The problem was that the shade of green that they selected looked nothing like the actual color of grass, and it looked extremely artificial. After a few years, that “green” gunk wore away, and the remaining rocks looked much better in their natural state.

Of course! Coolant leak through the head gasket and hydro lock! Bent rod and damaged crank bearing and possibly jammed piston on the way down! It had probably been a few days since it was last run? The Windstar 3.8L engine is known for this.

If it had a head gasket problem I would have known. just changed the oil a week before. the van ran great the night before when I shut it off. I doubt it was a head gasket that let go without me knowing it. but I guess anything is possible. also, the engine did not make any of the usual noises that might warn you of a problem.

Sounds like a particularly egregious waste of time and money.

The NJ Parkway Authority needs to have all its members fired and thrown out onto the street.

So did we! When George H W Bush was VP and campaigning for president, he came for a photo-op during a shuttle landing, the brass on base went nuts with such nonsense.

Fdr same as it was when he died April 12, 1945. Sorry couldn’t help myself.

This is a study in ’ How to Hi-jack a thread ’ .

1 Like

Some forums have off topic sections that are only visible to members, so the forum appears to be on topic to those who are viewing only.