1985 Grand Marquis fuse box

mercury

Where the heck is the fuse box on a 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis (I need to change the brake light fuse), I have looked everywhere, under the dash (both driver and passenger side), I have looked under the hood, in the trunk and I even pulled the back seat out.

Please help.

1985, the square ones…Hey, try crownvicnet, they have a Marquis forum and they will know…The Owners Manual is long gone, right? Maybe you can find one online…

I had one of these. And if I remember correctly, it’s on the left side of the steering column, and there’s a small panel removed from the dash to reveal the fuse block.

Tester

Thanks, I found the info I needed, although why you would have to remove a panel to get to it is beyond me. No wonder the Japanese cars did so well, they used common sense in these matters.

Not always. My sister’s Infiniti has the interior fuse block high up on the driver’ side kick panel. You need to be a contortionist to be able to read and get the right fuse.

I like my Ford Explorer. They put the fuse block on the side of the dash. Just open the door, and you can get to all of them easily enough.