Your "Cylinder IQ"

I’m officially bumping my “cylinder IQ” from 17 to 18. I forgot all about my air compressor.

Oh, I forgot about my small 12 volt compressor too. I’m surprised it counts.

Okay, I am getting a cylinder IQ inferiority complex. Gotta show this thread to my wife.

I’ve got a Wonderbar radio from a '58 Pontiac Star Chief I once owned sitting on a shelf in the garage. I believe it has 4 tubes.

I’ve got two air compressors I forgot about so that makes me 32 and 6 tubes. (I had a wonderbar in my 59 Catalina. Wish I still had it.)

No doubt about it, @DrRocket, you are totally insane. I knew you had sterling qualities.

powered by internal combustion

12 V compressors would be excluded as well as any electric motor driven pumps.

Going by working vacuum tube equipment, my VTIQ would be somewhere in the 60s I think. I have a few old radios including an early 50s Zenith Trans-Oceanic (though it’s getting to the point where it needs “re-capped”), and a “Puritan” art-deco table radio with metal tubes. I also have a 1961 Zenith color TV that still works (or it did when I last plugged it in about 6 years ago), but I should really get rid of it.

Being in my mid 40s, vacuum tubes were already obsolete when I was a kid, though there were a lot of vacuum tube devices around back then. I fixed my first tube radio found in the trash when I was about 12. I remember when the local Radio Shack had a tube tester, as well as the local drug store. And I used to bring tubes there to be tested when I was a kid too…

For me that’s my Ranger with six, my tractor with two, my weed trimmer with one, two lawn mowers, and a rototiller with one cylinder. That adds up to 12.