Wiper motor not working on Chrysler

I think all the relays are in good working order.

I think it’s time to have a look at the BCM.

Regardless whether the failure is the BCM or a relay or any other component, jumping the failed circuit would result in the wiper operating and confirming the cause.

Does anyone know what the fuse is for in slot #18? Because I don’t have a fuse in that slot.

Maybe someone’s playing a prank…

The body control module is a possibility since the trouble began when you had alternator problems. Rod Knox has indicated how you could test to see if this is the problem.

Slot #18? Anyone?

Can you get the voltage across the contacts of that fuse with the wipers on?

You mean the female fuse sockets? where the fuse terminals plug into?

I’m afraid to. 40 amps is some serious business if it’s as powerful as I think it is. I’d rather pull a 40 amp fuse from another slot and stick it in #18 but not sure which one would be safe to use. I think #12 is the radiator fan fuse but I’m not totally sure. If no one can find the info I’ll just buy a fuse and stick it in there. Can’t imagine someone would have stolen a fuse though. I suspect the BCM because I’m not getting a ‘‘click’’ from the on/off relay when I turn the wiper switch on/off.

Fuse #18 is 40 Amp/Wipers. Perhaps the prankster removed the fuse for inspection before replacing the wiper motor and then installed it in cavity #17-convertible top. Cavity #17 should be empty on a sedan.

You can borrow fuse #6-ELB, electric back light/heater rear window.

That was it!! I can’t believe after all I’ve been through it was only a missing fuse.

"Perhaps the prankster removed the fuse for inspection before replacing the wiper motor and then installed it in cavity #17-convertible top.’’

It couldn’t have been me. The only fuse I messed with was the small fuse located in the fuse box on the left side of the dash board. Then from there I went straight to the wiper motor plug and started testing for voltage.

Within the Fuse & Relay Center there’s several empty slots.
-17 (obviously not this one)
-18 (obviously this one)
Which of these - if any - should I fill?

None.

They are for options that yuor car did not come with. like!!

Rear ejection seats for the kids.
Console Pizza oven
Front 50 cal machine guns for the car that just pulled out in your path.
Rear bazooka for tailgaters.
Smoothie maker.

Yosemite

I think the pizza oven option was only available on turbo models that relocated the intercooler to the passenger side console.

Thats right…what was I thinking. I was thinking of the model with the flux capasitor.

Yosemite

Maybe an easier way to see if the fuse was moved to another location:

Which of these slots should be empty? 1 4 5 6 7 12 14 16 (all these have 40 amp fuses in them)

That would probably explain where the fuse for #18 got moved to if it wasn’t stolen.

Well I’ve told the story before but when I subsided smoking for a bit, I pulled the seats out of my Riviera to do a thorough job of shampooing the carpet. Put it back together and no start. Couldn’t figure it out and finally had to have it towed to the shop. It was a missing fuse for the computer. Have no idea how it happend or where it went. I told the owner I felt stupid having to have it towed for a fuse and he said don’t feel stupid it took our best tech an hour to find it. Can’t remember what it cost but I assume close to $100. Towing was on Amoco.

All is well that ends well. When you really have a sticky problem, these guys here really can be helpful.

Mystic; I don’t want to make you feed dumb, but I wonder if you just don’t remember pulling that fuse and reinstalling it in the spot next to where it came out of.
I did that once but I caught it soon enough.

I doubt that anyone came and swiped a fuse. Besides you are not really missing one…it was just in the wrong slot.

Or was someone helping you and while your back was turned they pulled the fuse, inspected it, and put it back in, but in the wrong slot.

Yosemite

It’s a mystery.

The wipers weren’t working at all when I went in to see what he problem was. So the fuse was already in the wrong cavity before I popped the hood. I’m certain of this because the [original] wiper switch and motor both work.

The only thing I can think of is that when the alternator and battery were going south I might have pulled 18 then and put it back in slot 5 by mistake. But that seems unlikely because you don’t even have to pull these fuses to inspect them. They have a window right on top and I’ve known this. And I’m not the type to just pull fuses at random. But hey, I’m only human so you never know. ; )

" I might have pulled 18 then and put it back in slot 5 by mistake. "

I, and many others, are nodding their heads thinking when we’ve caused similar “mysteries.”