Window auto power

I OWN 2007 Nissan Quest S with 49K Miles and Automatic Transmision Yesterday, the driver’s window Auto power up/down stopped working. Cannot roll down the driver’s window. The passenger’s window is working and the back windows are fine too. I checked the fuse and its seem to be OK. What is the problem with the window auto power up/down? Is this something I can fix without going to the dealer? How do I fix the problem?

Thanks!

Ike.

I would remove the switch from the armrest and probe the electrical contacts for the correct signals. You need to get that fuse apprasial out of the “seems OK” department.

First, there may be more than just a fuse in the fuse box. Check your owner’s manual for any other related relays - there might be something under the hood.

Even so, if you find a problem there, there is still the problem that caused the thing to blow. If you want to mess with it yourself it would be best to have a repair manual ($20 at an auto parts store) and an electrical multimeter (cheap ones for as little as $10). The manual will give you the steps to check the window. It will involve knowing how to pull the window switch out and test it for power, and possible the interior door panel as well to check the motor and regulator.

Even if you don’t want to mess with it yourself you don’t need to go to a dealer. Any local, independent mechanic can figure this out.

Since the other windows are working the power to the window system is ok. The trouble you are having is most likely due to a problem with the automatic control module. There could be a problem with the wiring or the motor also but my bet is the control module is at fault.