Why no green cars?

They were so popular back then. When I owned rental property - I actually still came across a kitchen with those old appliances. One kitchen had the Avocado appliances with a blue tile countertop and the walls were painted a canary Yellow. I had to wear sun glasses whenever I went in that kitchen. First thing I did when I bought that property was a complete remodel of the kitchen.

1 Like

Times change. When we were first married we couldn’t afford a good mixer, so we were given my mils old white one. I took it apart, cleaned and greased it and painted it avocado to match everything. Some years later we moved and repainted it gold to match. Then we were back to white. I paid $400 for a new white mixer. I skipped orange as well as the gray stainless and went straight to black stainless. Maybe white again in ten years. Now in 1965, my mother bought all copper colored. Matched my Pontiac almost.

Wow! Who makes design choices like that?

Of course the kitchen of that same house of mine had hula girl and monkey wallpaper at one time. We discovered that when we remodeled the kitchen.

I might have done that but not until I sold the house. I had a rental for over 10 years and I didn’t do anything beyond repairs until I sold the house. Then I painted, replaced the carpets, and replaced the linoleum in the entry. Renters are never as careful as owners and I didn’t want to provide something new and then have it damaged over a few short years.

I had very little turn over in my rentals. Mainly because I gave them a nice product to start with and kept up with repairs. I found that when I took pride in the rental - most of my tenants did too. 3 of my rental homes (2 tripple deckers and 1 duplex) I sold to one of my tenants after they were living there for 10+ years. I had people in a couple of my units who were there for over 20 years.

We had something similar in our first home. The least offensive thing was the shag carpet, brown in the living room and white in the family room. Who puts white carpet in a high traffic area? As for wallpaper, the master bath had swirly multicolored foil, even on the ceiling. The master bedroom had foil repeating cubes. The powder room in the kitchen had huge brown flowers on a white background. The huge flowers made an already small room look tiny. Oh, and the wallpaper in the powder room was also on the back of the door - upside down. Needles to say, we replaced all that stuff with things that we liked. Maybe the next owners replaced our choices too, though the only wallpaper was on the big cubist wall in the master bedroom, replaced with small bouquets of pastel flowers.

1 Like

Ain’t no Mustang.
Need to name it something else.

1 Like

Yep, what was going through the minds of the people at Ford choosing to contaminate the name Mustang by naming a SVU a Mustang, sacrilege!

2 Likes