Why did my Camaro's engine fail?

2010 CamaroSS bought new. Engine Failure at just over 100K miles, it’s my wifes car and she drives it easy.
Any suggestions?

Price the installation of a remanufactured engine, compare it to the kbb.com value of yor car. If the repair cost is about $1500 less than the private trade value, I’d suggest selling the car to a junkyard.

You might want to consider a Mustang as a replacement. :grinning:

4 Likes

I am curious what “Engine Failure” was.

Same here - does this mean something catastrophic where it doesn’t run at all now, or just not running well and the shop has suggested a rebuild/replacement?

+1
I would also be curious about the car’s oil change schedule, how it was typically driven (length of trip, local roads or highways…) and how often the oil was checked between changes.

If the engine is really kaput, I think you gave the clue. You said your wife is an easy driver which suggests short hop around town driving. This kind of driving is harder on an engine than open road interstate driving at 75 mph.

Just that shouldn’t kill an engine at 100k unless things like oil changes were also severely neglected.

OP, we need a lot more info. What exactly failed on the engine?

Why would someone buy a Camaro SS to drive easy ?

1 Like

Seems a little off to me. It’s pretty hard to kill a Chevy 6.2 liter V8 unless it was neglected though sometimes failures just happen .

Yeah, figure out what broke and determine if it is feasible to fix or scrap the car.

There are about a thousand different kinds of engine failures. In order to explain why this one failed, we’re going to need to know how it failed, whether it was properly maintained, and any other information that might be pertinent.

1 Like