2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Dies

I have a 2010 Camaro SS. Just had it die in traffic. 120,000 miles. Started it and it has really rough idle, sounds like something bouncing in engine, half of its power. Pulled over, had it towed. Was told by shop that it is the engine. Not sure at this point WHAT in the engine is the problem. Love this car, take REALLY good mechanical care of it. Was planning on having the engine rebuilt when oil started to burn. Now, it seems to be a joke at the dealership, that I may have to rebuild it SOONER? ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM? Please let me know. The car is 10 years old, but a TIMING CHAIN, or other ENGINE problem? Can’t imagine. Thank-you!

Unfortunately this requires a hands on approach. If you could have the codes read from the car we might have some ideas, codes will be in the format of P0123. However in my own case when the computer failed, it did not store any codes.

As for any one else having this problem , the problem is unknown . Until you can say just what the shop has found to be wrong with your engine not much can be suggested.

10yrs/12kmiles/yr.
i bet techs at shop might want to buy this thing.
hmm, needs new motor. owner might sell it for cheap?
the LS motors are pretty sound. most folks like them
would like to know what the issue is.
dropped a valve? rocker arm?