Where to find 1964 Champion Bus windsheild?

Every junkyard I call says “Good luck!”

The bus is from 1964. It is 30 feet long, with a rear mounted engine. I believe, but am not sure, that it was manufactured on a Ford chassis.

It has two identifying plaques.

One says “Champion Carriers Model P26B Serial P26B:4015” (Last digit of serial number is indistinct. Might be 4019.)

The other is “Ward Body Works Model M3040 Serial 9454”.

The drivers side windshield is damaged. (It appears to be what they call a “right and left”, i.e. it is symmetrical with the other side, and the same part is used on both sides, just flipped over.)

The center post height is approx. 36 inches. The width of the windshield is approx. 54 inches. It is clear glass untinted. It curves in two dimensions, i.e. the center post curves outward, and the windshield wraps around the side of the bus. There are no numbers, logos, “bugs” or manufacturers marks on the windshield.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

I would call a local auto glass shop, or talk to a local auto restoration shop to see if they have any good ideas, if you haven’t done that already.

Ward Body technically went out of business in 1979. In 1964 they had only one plant in Conway, Arkansas, and it is still operational. This facility makes bus bodies for International as I understand it. Website follows:
http://www.ic-corp.com/

I would try to contact them through their website, and they may be able to help out with either exact specs or a recommenaton as to who might be contacted to get you a windshield.

I would start with a auto glass company.