Where do you get car manuals? Old car

This looks like the most i’ll get. So I have to buy the manual right? How common is buying manuals? I’m sure that newer cars always have free manuals all over the internet. :smiley:

So if people are buying those manuals, why are they not posting them on the internet for free?

Because if they had to pay for it then they feel other people should also pay for it .

1 Like

Well I can agree with that, but I don’t think I would mind posting it on the internet to help others, guess everyone is different.

You are asking for a workshop manual, I assume, not the owners manual - which comes with the car when new.
No other manuals comes for free. Actually, repair manual would be a better name for what You are looking for. I’ve had to pay for mine - so will You. Just the thought of me sitting and scanning 200+ pages into my pc and then make them available for free is enough to give me a headache.
IF You are looking for the owners manual, visit the local junk yards.

2 Likes

Alright, thank You and everyone else for trying to help, I’m pretty sure I’ll buy it, because I really want to understand more about this car, this is my first car so I’m clueless without manuals.
Owners manual is also needed but I don’t know how I’ll find it.

As I wrote: visit the junkyards. More than likely one of them has a car with one or they have collected them from the cars and have them on a shelf. We did that on the junkyard I worked at years ago.
Oh, and btw. Congratulations with Your first car.
Enjoy and learn.

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct, you can go to most all carmakers’ websites and download pretty much any of their recent owners manuals, for free. For some reason your car isn’t covered, must be before they started doing that.

3 Likes

Have a bud, all he does is buy and sell manuals at swap meets, no internet stuff. A swap meet might be a place to look. I will ask if he has one.

@geimerislt0612x_152917 - what country are you in?

This person is in Lithuania ( SIC ? ) .

I don’t know how common it is in general, but I bought the Hayes manual for my car, which I think cost $10 at the time. I’ve also shelled out the dough for the manufacturers’ manuals for each of my motorcycles, along with the Honda Motorcycle Common Service Manual, which ended up being a waste of money.

One thing I can tell you is that the expensive manufacturers’ repair manuals are worth the price. They’ll pay for themselves in one or two repairs. The Haynes/Chilton manuals will leave you scratching your head a lot.

If you want an Owners Manual, then eitherVauxhall or Opel may be able to help you with a PDF. The links I found quickly did not show manuals old enough to suit your car, but you can contact Vauxhall or Opel directly for others.

Vauxhall Manuals

Vauxhall Inquiries

Ebay Vauxhall manuals

Vauxhall Owners Group

If anyone is looking for Opel Vectra B Owners and Repair manual for both diesel and gasoline engines, from year 1995, here it is: http://opel-vectra.5go.ru/

It has all the information, torque specs and pictures!

You also might want to use google translator to automatically translate every page.

Well, I’d have no use of that, but I am delighted that You found one so You can fix Your car when it breaks (or is brakes :grin:) down.
Happy motoring and I hope You wont be needing it.