Zal and Denny workin’ for a penny
Tryin’ to get a fish on the line
In a coffee house Sebastian sat
And after every number they’d pass the hat
McGuinn and McGuire just a gettin’ higher
In L.A., you know where that’s at
And no one’s gettin’ fat except Mama Cass

1 Like

Doesn’t mean it’s correct usage, this decade or the one that record came out in.

If someone texts or voices me “Where you at?”, I go… I’m right before the at!

And that new 13th month on the calendar? I don’t recognize it either.

1 Like

I had to remove a wheel on a Toyota where someone had tightened the 21mm lug nuts to an estimated 200 to 250 foot pounds. They were already rounded from several days of attempting removal and one of the shells came off and revealed the 19mm nut under it, which was partially rounded too.

My cheap 6 point 13/16 socket is now a size bigger in the front and I had to buy 6 point impact sockets and hammer them on to get the job done! I hammered on a socket that was one size larger first and then I screwed in the correct size socket when it was partially on to try to reshape the end of the nut before trying to take it out!

We aren’t writing items for publication. Posting in vernacular is fine with me and sometimes conveys a message better. As long as someone communicates their point I don’t mind incorrect grammar.

3 Likes

That’s pretty impolite of them! What happens when you have a flat on a country road at night and your tools are at home? Plain lug nuts are better or at least security ones with the key at hand.

That was mine and all the customers that was affected by it, same question… Discount tire did when installing custom wheels… That Mazda dealer, no longer there, did it so you “had” to take it back to them for rotations and service… After I kept making them bring their master lock kit over (across Broadway lol) in traffic, yeah I waited till then to call them if the customer wasn’t waiting, so I could do a flat repair over and over again, I guess they stopped doing it cause we stopped having to call Mazda for them… I am sure the customers going over there and informing the dealer of the inconvenience had something to do with it also… lol…

1 Like

Isn’t the main purpose of those complicated lug nut designs to thwart wheel theft? If so, a car owner w/the type of wheels that interests thieves pretty much has to expect some inconvenience in return for the extra anti-theft security. If that inconvenience proves a burden, steel wheels seems like a good way to address it.

Yes, but the inconvenience should only be for the thief and not the owner on the side of the road trying to change a flat tire… Trust me, a wheel thief that carries around a floor jack, cinder blocks to put the vehicle on after the wheels are taking, a electric impact gun for fast removal of the lug nuts, all the different tools needed to get the crazy center caps off of some of these custom wheels, all the different size lug nut sockets out there, then I am pretty sure they are also prepared for wheel locks… If someone wants your wheels then most likely they are going to get them short of the lug nuts being welded to the studs… lol
Just like cat converters and high end vehicles… Thieves have the tools of the trade…

^
The slippery slope…