What Thead Hijacking Means

Being a family safe forum, I can’t give you the answer to that. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I do agree with Tester that hijacked threads do become annoying.

Hijacking in a forum like this is not black-n-white. Some of the hijacked replies are related and are interesting to a few. For others, they’re just a waste of time.

I don’t see anything wrong with digressing during a discussion unless the subject is too important or urgent and has to be dealt with immediately. We are here for fun, at least I am, and an opportunity to discuss a subject mildly related to the original thread is fine. If I don’t like it, I just skip over those posts. I skip a lot of discussions, yet I keep coming back for the ones that interest me.

But that was the premise behind the show. It was an experiment to see what would happen if there was a show about absolutely nothing. Some people, a lot actually, thought that was funny. There are a lot of TV shows I don’t like, and I don’t watch them. What’s the difference between over-the-air TV and cable? Over-the-air TV has about a dozen channels and nothing is on. Cable has about 165 and nothing is on. It’s like those discussions here we don’t like. Just move on.

3 Likes

Also, Seinfeld was “NYC humor”. If someone has never lived in or near NYC, they just wouldn’t find much of that type of humor to be funny.

1 Like

Speaking of NYC, how did you fare with Ida?

Haven’t had TV for years, but saw a couple of episodes or snippets. Super overrated.

2 Likes

I live in Central NJ, about 40 miles from Manhattan, and NJ was slammed even worse than NYC was. For the first time, my two sump pumps couldn’t quite keep up with the volume of water, but–thankfully–I only got ~ 1/4 inch of water on the basement floor, and it receded rapidly.

However, only a few miles away, the towns of Bound Brook, Raritan, and Manville were devastated. In Manville, it looked like Venice, only not as picturesque. The biggest tragedies involved two people whose vehicles were swept away by raging flood waters, and those folks drowned in their cars.

In Manville, three buildings burned to the ground because fire trucks couldn’t get through the floods. At this point, it is believed that because of “old school” gas equipment–with pilot lights that were extinguished by water–those buildings had a sufficient build-up of gas to cause them to explode. So much for avoiding modern electronic ignition technology…
:thinking:

1 Like

I was going to make a smart remark about wandering threads but then turned serious about the flood damage. Not much worse than water damage and the clean up and repair afterwards. My neighbor went down to help after Katrina and his stories of the clean-up mess were pretty bad. Rip everything out up about 4 feet and start over. So good luck with all that. Then the poor guy that had a hungry gator in his basement and snakes and rats.

I suppose humor changes with your age though. I liked Seinfeld but I saw a little of “The Muppets Take Manhattan” this morning, and that is funny. As a kid I never missed Red Skelton and laughed and laughed. Then picked up a DVD a few years ago and it really was not funny anymore.

At any rate good luck with the recovery.

1 Like

I’m from Mississippi and I got the humor in Seinfeld. But then again, I even get British comedy like the old “Mr. Bean” episodes. There’s not really a sitcom or comedy that’s currently airing that I watch. If anyone knows of a halfway decent, somewhat family friendly one that’s currently on, I’d give it a try.

Back to the original topic and since I’m from Mississippi, what the hell is a snowblower? :man_shrugging:

LOL

3 Likes

Ohhh, ok. I have one of those! :grin:

I know you live in New Jersey, but not how far from New York. Since Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton is suburban NYC, it seems like your are could be considered suburban NYC too. Anyway, I’m happy to hear that you got off lightly compared to the others you mentioned.

any idea how Mahwah NJ area fared. my aunt lives their but shes in Cape Cod right now for the summer. I am just wondering.

This is too. In Mississippi, the snow attachment is replaced by farm implements.

1 Like

Mine’s bigger than yours is. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

true but do you have a helper to do it.

4 Likes

Just when I thought you guys were a bunch of sour pusses. My dog is in Iowa looking for someone to bite down there. No good for a hunting dog but maybe should have tried her out on a snow blower. Now for the southerners, there are snow “throwers” and snow “blowers” and even power shovels. Don’t tell him but technically what Barky got was a single stage thrower or power shovel. It just throws the stuff not blows it 30 feet to the neighbor’s.

its got to be better than this. LOL

1 Like

when your out there shoveling and you have to go…

1 Like