What could possibly go wrong?

Y all assume of course that they are full, not empty. Then forget about the 20 gallons of highly explosive liquid in the tank of the Buick. In a class, this would be an exercise to illustrate the personality traits of the viewers.

I would assume theyā€™re going to be full at some point, unless this guy is a used Jerry can salesman. Whatā€™s my personality type? :grin:

2 Likes

I dunno. I transported a tank of argon in my trunk for about six blocks. Cap on, secured from movement, for about a six block ride to my house. What could go wrong? Nothing. Vendor policy said no. Some folks are super averse is all.

1 Like

An older man slept in a Buick like that one in our employee parking lot off and on for 2 years. If he had 30 gallons of water on a cargo rack, he could have bathed in the parking lot at night.

I got you beat. I drove from long Island to Florida with a Tank Size 6 ā€“ 56 inches high x 9 inches dia. 140 lbs. in the back of a rental mini van,. the movers would not take it.

1 Like

Yeah the danger is knocking the valve off which causes a projectile but for a short period of time could vastly improve mpg.

I had the metal cap on. wrapped it in a couple of comforters. I made sure that it could not move around with all the other last-minute stuff I brought down.

True enough thereā€™s always a cute girl nearby. The film plotā€™s question usually turns out to be whether he has her, or she has him ??? Usually itā€™s the latter ā€¦ lol

I presume it was Goldfinger. Indeed ā€œPGā€ is better than any made-for-tv moniker. Iā€™m currently in the process of watching all the Bond films on DVD, more or less in order, finding some of the innuendo considerably more explicit than I recall on original viewing. Maybe I just didnā€™t understand it at the time.

2 Likes

Bond ā€œgirlsā€ over the years had a number of such names.
Had some extraordinary cars and car stunts.
Sad, for me, seeing the 63(?) Lincoln crushed in Goldfinger.
Jamesā€™ DB5.
Diana Riggā€™s Cougar convertible.
Myriad of interesting cars.
Who can forget the AMC Hornet?

1 Like

Pic looks like an episode of ā€œDukes of Hazardā€ gone wrong.

On my first ever date I took Jackie to see the bond movie. I guess she wasnā€™t impressed, but I liked it.

If it falls and the cap breaks off, the tank becomes a missile.

These rules are instituted for the least capable among us, not people that can figure out how to secure the bottle, like you.

I used to haul; 40+thousand poun loads of ammunition and also the same weight of hydrazine in metal drums/ The hydrazine was marked store X distance from human habitation but I donā€™t remember what X was.

A little gasoline doesnā€™t bother me.

1 Like

Which Bond film is the upside down orange car in the photo from? I donā€™t recall seeing that scene yet in my Bond-film re-watch , but only up to 1965ā€™s Thunderball.

A great stunt.

I donā€™t recall the title, but was one of the films with Roger Moore as 007.

BTW, Thunderball was the first Bond film I saw. First time at one of the big, downtown theaters rather than the smaller neighborhood theaters of the 60s.

I think it was ā€œLive and Let Dieā€.

The Man with the Golden Gun. With sidekicks Sheriff Pepper and Agent Goodnite.

A classic

1 Like

Iā€™m currently watching that one, but it stars Sean C, not Roger M. A lot of helicopter stunt scenes, but as far as over-the-top car stunts, at least for the first half of the film, not so much.

I think gold finger was the one I took Jackie to but I donā€™t remember. Sheā€™s dead now so Iā€™ll have to wait a while to ask her.