What are best tires for 2004 Toyota Sienna?

We have been using Michelin LX4. It has 65k rated but after 40k, they are really gone. When we changed to Michelin at 26k, a friend recommended Michelin for quieteness.

are there any other tires recommended?

I went to pep boys and they told me that Cooper CS4 is the best tires in the world. I searched internet but nobody said anything quieteness of Cooper.

thanks.

Go to tirerack.com and do some research. After you enter some details and find the tires, pick a few and read the reviews. After that go to survey results and you will find color coded informations.

I expect my wife’s 2006 Sienna (25k) will need new tires at 30k. I’ve done some research at Tire Rack and am leaning toward the Yokohama Avid TRZ or a Dunlop SP60. The OEM tires weren’t bad, but wore out too quickly for my liking. I wouldn’t put too much credence in what Pep Boys says about tires since that is what they’re trying to sell.

65k rated is only a warranty not actual life. It all depends on your driving type, style and especially vehicle(heavy minivan), and oddly amount of sharp turns.

Cooper makes decent tires(sadly made in China now mostly) however in the latter life quietness does go away in my findings. I find only with quality tires like Michelin and Bridgestone they actually design the tread pattern to stay quiet throughout its life with regular rotation and keeping alignments. Many cheaper tires are on par with Bridgestone/Michelin and you wonder why you pay so much for Mich/Bridgstone. However it becomes apparent anywhere from 10k-30k miles latter when your ears cannot take it.

If you don’t mind the odd look… :
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2&partnum=165TR6GRAT2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=37&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=S#Survey

or, sportier look:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Assurance+TripleTred&partnum=165TR6ATT&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=25&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=S#Survey

Cooper makes decent tires(sadly made in China now mostly)

No they are not…Cooper tires made in China are SOLD in China and the rest of Asia…Cooper tires sold in the US are made in North America (Canada and the US).

I had really poor results with the Yokahama Avid tires on my 2000 Sienna. Had tread belt separation in the tires within 15K miles. Maybe just a bad run, but I certainly wouldn’t put them back on my van. Tire dealer was suprised and said that the Avid was generally a good tire, but couldn’t explain why the tires had started to come apart. I put a set of Goodyear tires on it after that. Nice tire, but didn’t last all that long (35K miles). The van now has Michelin Harmony tires. So far, I have been very pleased with this tire. Very quiet and smooth riding.

Thanks for the heads-up about the Avids.

Ed B.

Like you said, may have been a bad set. I’ve been very happy with my Avids, and the reviews are pretty positive.

Agree. The tire dealer recommended the Yokahamas very highly when I bought them. When I brought them back, he commented that he had seen very few failures with this tire and that maybe they just weren’t a good match for this heavy van. He recommeded the Goodyear tires because of the heavier sidewall construction, believing that they might hold up better over the long haul. The Michelins are farily new on this van, so we’ll see how they hold up by comparison.