Water inside my car

I submited a ? about a 98 acura 3.2 tl before I found out that I had to do a sign up.I hope u recieved it.

You are here now, what is the problem and where is the water?

The most common reasons for water inside a car are:

• Sunroof: They don’t seal but rely on draining the rain water. If the drains get clogged, the water will end up in your car. There are four drains one on each corner.

• Clogged A/C drain, that usually ends up on the passenger side of the car.

• Clogged drain for the rain that gets into vent area in front of the windscreen. Also usually a clogged drain on the passenger side.

Generally cars are not designed to prevent water from coming in, but rather rely on drains to get rid of it.

Let me add one more reason.

My 2000 Blazer had been in a minor fender bender (front fender and bumper replaced) before I bought it.

Water was coming in and pooling under the back seat carpet. The water was coming in through a split in the seam between the inner fender and the firewall. I found the leak by shining a flashlight under the dash while pouring water into the windshield cowling. The light reflected off the water running down the seam under the carpet and padding.

The dealer sealed the seam as a courtesy repair and the Blazer has been dry since (except for the time I buried it in 2 1/2 feet of mud and water, but that’s another story).

Please repost with the pertinent details.

Ed B.

No, I did not receive it.
Did you use my correct e-mail address?

;-))

Anyway, Mr. Meehan has provided a very complete answer to the question that you probably asked.
More than likely he has answered your unseen question.

The water is on the floor in front, both sides.It was not my sunroof.It appeared to be coming from underneath the dash.Thank’s for your reply.

Thanks to all that replied.The water is coming from underneath the dash on bothsides,and yes my vents had tree matter from my neighbour’s tree.The sunroof was not the problem.In the future I will keep those vents clean because it is costing me big time money to have the carpet pulled out because they say the brain underneath the passenger seat got wet and with only 72 thousand miles I think it’s better to fix it.