AIR CONDITIONING

POWER LOCKS

AM/FM STEREO / CASSETTE

AIR BAGS

DRIVER’S AIR BAG

NEW GOOD YEAR TIRES

FACTORY ROOF RACK

CAR REMOTE

THIS JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE’S BODY IS IN MINT CONDITION ( BEAUTIFUL BODY )

NO RUST

NO PEALING OF PAINT

NO DENTS

NO SCRATCHES

THIS JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE NEEDS MECHANIC WORK

JEEP’S ENGINE IS ROUGH

( I AM NOT SURE WHATS WRONG ?? )

THIIS JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE IS EXCELLENT FOR

MECHANICS ( fix up project or for parts )

THIS JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE DOES COME WITH NICE PHOTOS OF IT. PLEASE REPLY FOR PHOTOS THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME - JOSH

JEEP’S ENGINE IS ROUGH
( I AM NOT SURE WHATS WRONG ?? )
Take the car to get an analysis by an independent mechanic. That is the best way to know what you are buying into.

I’d be willing to bet that it does not have a V6 engine.

are you buying or selling?
if you’re selling, craigslist is just down the hall and to your left

Sounds like you’re using this forum to sell the vehicle instead of looking for repair advice.

Needs mechanic work, Jeep’s engine is rough, not sure what is wrong, excellent for mechanics as a fix up or parts on a going on 14 year old, 190k miles Jeep means it’s a 200 dollar vehicle IF someone wants it. Maybe.
Sorry, it ain’t worth a grand based on that description.

The consumer nation crumbles…

Discussion Rules - The site is not for advertising. This is not a question it is a classified ad.

This is actually a VERY rare vehicle, and in fact, is probably the only one in existence, based on the notation of a V-6 engine.

In reality, the Grand Cherokee 6-cylinder engine of that era was an I-6 that Chrysler inherited from the old American Motors Corporation. It is a sturdy 7 main bearing, 4 liter design, and its length makes it immediately recognizable (to anyone with even rudimentary automotive knowledge) as an I-6, rather than a V-6.

Whenever someone automatically refers to all engines as a V-type, it indicates to me that the person probably has little automotive knowledge–as when people refer to the “V-4” in their Accord, Camry, or Outback, or in this case, when someone refers to a “V-6” in that '96 Grand Cherokee.

If the person selling this vehicle does not know what is sitting underneath his hood, that does not bode well for routine maintenance–and would seem to indicate that even something as basic as checking the oil was never done. How could one even lift the hood and not know that it was an I-6, rather than a V-6?

It is probably “running rough” because the owner never lifted the hood and never did any maintenance on it!

Kudos for your honesty. While this ad is inappropriate for this forum and should not be here, at least you’re not trying to disguise it.

Try Ebay.