Unconventtional speaker system

I created a diagram and have a short description of my problem at this URL.

http://tinypic.com/r/28tdxu9/5

Any help would be greatly appreciated asap. I would like to do it tomorrow if everything checks out.

here is the diagram in case link brakes.

Let me preface that I am not an audio technician. The only problem I see is that LR and the RR will join in the back at the sub. This means that the LR will back feed int the RR and the RR will back feed into the LR. I think it will work if you find a way to isolate circuits. The back feed may not matter, but I have a feeling it will cause a lot of distortion.

I know that this works on an amp but would it be possible for me to bridge the LR and RR by attaching the LR + to the + terminal on the sub and attach the RR - to the - terminal on the sub?

Some car systems are set up to use increase power by connecting the RF+ and RR+ to a single speaker, and similarly the LF+ and LR+ to the other. That gives you double the power, but only right and left channels. I don’t think any system is set up to do what you want in a front to rear type setup. Worst case, you’ll blow your head unit’s outputs.

I think there are some sub-woofers that are meant to be connected to both rear channels at the same time, but they have 2 sets of connectors. Trust me, there is nothing in the car audio arena that you can think of that somebody else has not already done, or at least tried.

Oh, yeah, you should be able to parallel the high-mid range speakers as you propose with no big problem. Just remember that 2 loads in parallel is half the ohms, assuming identical speakers, but most car systems are designed to handle down to 4 or even 2 ohms. Check your system’s manual.

A simple rough and ready way to reduce power to the side speakers is place LF & LR in series, RF & RR in series.
If the fronts and rears have the same nominal impedance (4 ohms for example) the reduction will be about even.
The best way to blend L and R to the sub is to get a dual voice coil unit. One coil to LR the other to RR of the stereo.
Here’s an example: