Ugh, Dropped PCV Valve into 301 Buick, Help

How embarassing, yes it is a Pontiac. A Bonneville Safari Wagon that I bought for $100 to run in the next Demolition Derby. So it sounds like things are fine. To clarify one more time. There is a steel plate that sits just below the intake manifold, this plate houses the grommet and this is what the gromet fell through. I looked in the hole and couldn’t see the grommet but there appears to be another plate (not the block) below the hole, this plate slants down towards the center of the block…this is the lifter valley cover?

GGGoooollllyyy!!

a sheet mmetal sheild!!!

Yes,and no. That is part of it but the inside part is just a baffle. Even though it went inside, there will be no damage. It will just lie there forever. Even if it gets past the baffle. You might check the PCV valve for debris in a month or two.

The OP himself has said it did indeed fall into the hole the PCV came out of. It is in the engine. I still don’t think it will do any harm.

After you get hammered a few times in the demo derby, you’ll forget all about a rubber grommet that isn’t going to harm anything. Enjoy the fun!