Transmission

Hi- I don’t know too much about cars, but I have a 2000 Honda Accord. I got it inspected at my local Honda dealership a few days ago and they said that I needed new brakes. They put those on and also changed the oil.

Yesterday I was driving home on the highway and when I hit the gas, a few times my car jerked as if I had slammed on the brakes, then it continued to drive forward. When I took it this morning to the Honda dealership, they said that I need a new transmission. Is this strange that this problem was not noted on Friday when my car was inspected?

I have an automatic starter and lately it has been making a clicking noise when I put the key in the ignition. I would then turn the car on and off a few times and the clicking would stop. When that would happen, it would not restart with my regular key, but it would with the automatic starter.

Soooo… is it possible that this was a symptom of the transmission about to go, or do you think it is weird that I JUST had my car inspected and then this happened immediately after. By the way, the car has 85,000 miles. Thanks for the help anyone who decides to respond to this!!!