Toyota yaris 2008 oil leak immediately behind the alternator

I just bought a use 2008 Toyota Yaris. I notice there is an oil leak immediately behind the alternator when facing the car straight on.
I cannot see the exact location of the leak because there are a few things that locate on top of that area.
But I am sure the leak is not coming from valve gasket. I have cleaned the area below the valve gasket and i didn’t see any leak coming from the valve gasket.

It doesn’t leak that much to drip on to the ground.

Does anyone know where this leak coming from and how i can fix or stop it from leaking?

Thank you.

It could be from someone spilling oil while changing the oil. The oil fill cap is directly above where your leak is.

Best I can tell this seems to be some sort of plug. Perhaps it’s a simple leaky plug.

http://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=507332&ukey_make=1060&ukey_model=15458&modelYear=2008&ukey_category=21646

PLUG, W/HEAD STRAIGHT SCREW, NO.3(FOR CYLINDER BLOCK); PLUG, W/HEAD TAPER SCREW, NO.1; PLUG, W/HEAD TAPER SCREW, NO.2

Part Number: 9034114013 ; 90341T0012

*108; *194; *195; *195,*108

PLUG, STRAIGHT SCREW

I think it probably actually is coming from the valve cover gasket. Just the part you can’t see is all. On my Corolla anyway, the area that seem to leak is where the valve cover gasket gets involved with the camshaft, both at the front and the rear of the engine. In your case it is the front part that is the problem. On the 4afe engine anyway, Toyota calls for a special-purpose rtv sealant be placed at that location, when installing a new valve cover gasket, to prevent it from leaking there. It actually leaks behind the timing cover, but migrates from there due to the robust airflow in the engine compartment.

Looks like the Variable Cam Timing solenoid is leaking. Either through the body of the solenoid or past the O-ring that seals where it mounts in the head.

Thanks Guy.
I will start with the Cylinder Head Plug first. That seemed to be an easy task.
I will keep you posted.