Help Identifying Leak In Engine

Hello Friends,

I have a 2005 Camry with about 190k miles on it. When doing an oil change today, I noticed some leaks underneath the beauty cover of the engine. It’s a 2AZ-FE engine. I noticed some wet liquid in the following locations.

I’m not really sure if it’s one leak or two separate ones.
It’s strange to me how at the front of the engine the puddle is wider and there appears to be a small stream going up to the rear of the engine. I noticed it looks really bad near what I believe to be the water temperature sensor, almost like it’s a coolant leak.

I replaced the valve cover gasket myself less than 100k miles ago and less than five years ago, and made sure to tighten ever fastener to specification. But all the black gunk looks fresh and seems to be coming from the water temperature sensor area. I don’t know if this is leaking upwards on top of the valve cover, and down the rest of the engine. I didn’t notice any cracks in the valve cover.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

It looks like oil is leaking past the COP seal on the valve cover because the seal at the bottom of the well(s) are leaking.

Time for a new valve cover gasket set.

Tester

1 Like

Thanks. Sorry, what does COP mean?

Coil-On-Plug.

Tester