Toilet Paper and Car Driving... Have you driven extra distance for some, lately?

Yeah, I’ve done the same thing but I haven’t always thought the proposals they came up with were really good ones.

Back to the question though. I had to pick up a few things and went to Walmart. When I walked by the paper aisle, lo and behold, they had a few boxes of Charmin on the shelf. $10 so no price gouging and no crazed people ripping it off the shelf. I’m prepping to go through June.

I am all too familiar with that tactic. The word got out that the “no to everything on schools” group was going to use that tactic to nullify amendments to the school budget the majority in town had voted on. People were on to it and there is a way to vote that the topic is settled and will not be opened for additional discussion or voting. That was put to a vote, passed and everyone that wanted to could leave without fear of it changing after they had left.

When my kids were in school, I voted for every tax increase supporting education and some folks I knew, that did not have kids in schooIs, voted in the affirmative, too. At that time I told myself that when my kids left the system and moved ahead that I would always vote for schools and I have stayed true to my word. Also, I don’t yell, “Get off my lawn!” to any youngsters.

Some good folks voted for my schools when I was younger and now it’s my turn to do likewise. Some taxes are a waste, but not taxes for education. Besides, as the discussion has implied, good local schools can enhance your real estate interests (because the entire neighborhood is better for it). I don’t like the term “win-win” to describe a situation, but it is one of them.

Oh, and I’m a guy who pays school taxes in two different locations and still I don’t mind (see above for reasons). Between the two, I pay some pretty heavy-duty taxes. I’m cheap (I meant “frugal”), too, but it’s an honor and a privilege.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

And those would be the starter camps that need work :wink:

+1
And, I think that a few more people will do likewise after their recent experiences.

2 Likes

I vote for county tax increases for schools because they are good for everyone, including older people without children in the school system anymore. The old folks that own houses in the district get stable, high home valuations because young families will pay a premium to live here.