This website has bcome the pits!

You might want to chill out.

These guy and gals are very helpful. :slight_smile:

How 'bout adding to that being a peeping Tom in the beauty pageant dressing room, joking about dating his own daughter, failing to see that Bill Oā€™Reilly did anything wrong, joking about a journalists menstruation, joking about Carley Fiorinaā€™s faceā€¦
Need I go on? IS there a pattern here?

1 Like

I donā€™t even want people to know my real name. Iā€™m very much into my personal privacy.

That said, Iā€™ve never had a conversation with anyone about anything that sounded anything like that, even in locker rooms. Plus, itā€™s not just that he said it, but that in saying it he admitted he did it. We have a self-confessed sexual predator for a president now. Thatā€™s a problem.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve had a sexual predator as president once before. One with far more evidence and far more victims, Bill Clinton. The country didnā€™t collapse.

Every president get trashedā€¦ some more than othersā€¦ Some are liked by some people, others are hated with a passion reserved for blown engines or trashed transmissionsā€¦(notice how I got cars in there :wink:)

Weā€™ve got at least 3.5 more years for some of you to be upset and others happy, as it is, it shall always be

Get over it and get back to cars.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not a Clinton fan either (either one of them), but there has yet to be (and wasnā€™t at the time) actual evidence beyond accusations that he lacked consent from the people he was involved with. Lewinsky certainly consented.

This time weā€™ve got a confession from the accused.

Iā€™m not taking the bait. Iā€™m staying out of this no win debate.

Car relatedā€¦ After eight years I wake up happy every morning. Itā€™s the same feeling I get every time I drive my Pontiac. They build (Well, they did, once) excitement! :smile:
CSA

2 Likes

Can we please have at least one conversation where nobody brings up politics? I guarantee Donald Trump has no influence on the design of this website.

@cdaquila, please considering shutting this down by closing this thread.

Iā€™m not as sure about that as you are. I heard some ā€œprogressivesā€ complaining that the president wants to gut PBS funds. That would very possibly have ramifications. Is this site affiliated in any way with PBS?
CSA

It used to be affiliated with NPR, but this site gets enough traffic that I am pretty sure it will be unaffected.

Letā€™s not do this political talk. If it were related to cars and civil, I think itā€™d be fineā€¦but itā€™s a bit heated.

The ā€œformerā€ Marines I know are only upset when called ā€œexā€ Marine. They prefer ā€œformerā€.

1 Like

I thought they were ā€œretiredā€ Marines (not ex or former), because, once a Marine, always a Marine.

3 Likes

I admired Harry Truman until I found out that he had a preference for Chrysler products. Iā€™ll bet he wouldnā€™t have bailed out GM if he had been President. Being an Indiana boy I liked Jimmy Carter because Carter claimed the best car he ever owned was a 1947 Studebaker. Now, my friends, I have mixed cars and politics.

If anyone wants an enjoyable book to read, I strongly recommend Harry Trumanā€™s Excellent Adventure, by Matthew Algeo. This is the tale of Harry & Bess Trumanā€™s expedition from Independence, MO to the East Coastā€“and backā€“in their brand-new 1953 Chrysler New Yorker. No Secret Service detail, no hovering press corps, just two elderly people out for a driving vacation in their new car.

There is no indication of just how fast Harry drove his hemi-powered New Yorker, but Bess complained that he drove too fast.

I was drafted 50 years ago. That was long ago and far away from the current trendy flag waving, etc. And ā€œformer Marineā€ was quite acceptable even among the Lifers. But I drove M151s and M38A1s along every mile of Hiway 1 and Hiway 9 in Quang Tri province and can assure those interested that the fording gear worked great.

1 Like

My brother was an Army Spec-5 in Vietnam, and when he had to visit bases in the interior, he drove a Dodge pickup powered by Chryslerā€™s venerable flathead six. He said that the engine was so gutless that the loss of power on long upgrades almost got him killed when small arms fire erupted near him, and with the pedal to the floor, it wouldnā€™t go faster than 20 mph.

Youā€™ve got some nerve, Whitey!

Out of all the people that are talking about politics in this discussion, you actually single one out to address . . . ?!

Iā€™m guilty, thatā€™s for sure, but Iā€™m not the only one. Iā€™m in good company.

The Dodge trucks were relics from the Korean war and on their best day didnā€™t likely get above 45 mph. And I never drove one but when in convoy with they they seemed to keep up OK. I donā€™t recall any steep hills on hiway 1 though.

Come to think of it though. The only vehicles that were capable of safely operating above 45 mph were the 6x6 deuce and a halfs.

I finally have a subject for my new book. In 1974 we took a road trip in our new Oldsmobile from Minnesota to New Orleans for a delayed honeymoon. Who would have figured you could write a book about it. Before GPS so needed a paper map. Only got lost once in Natchez in a bad neighborhood. I canā€™t wait to get started-Iā€™ve already got the pages numbered.

2 Likes

Yours was the first political comment I read. Also, I singled you out because we agree on politics in general. If I singled out someone with whom I disagree on political issues, I could be called a hypocrite. By singling out a political ally, Iā€™ve maintained my objectivity.