This website has bcome the pits!

Which came first, Win 95 or 2000. Change is getting harder and harder. Then I thought 8.1 was the final one and along came 10. ughh.

1 Like

Yup!
Just like the people who donā€™t like a certain TV host, and as a result of their personal feelings, they want that person fired by the network. If I find something that I donā€™t like one night, I simply change the channel, and if it is consistently offensive to me, I just donā€™t return to that program.

Whether someoneā€™s dislike has to do with an internet site, or a TV channel, or even a newspaper, the simple solution is simply to go elsewhere for oneā€™s entertainment in the future.

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with voicing criticisms and opinions, especially if there is a willing earā€¦
In fact, it actually could be helpful versus just never showing up again.

1 Like

Yeah but I think one of those network guys came totally unhinged. He used words I had never heard before. I suppose its from his sub-culture but I think he should be gone. Its one thing to hate the president and all of the deplorables and let your bias be known, but the sexual remarks about the CIC are uncalled for by a professional. In the 70ā€™s even criticizing Nixon our CIC could result in an Article 15. Obviously this guy has never had a uniform on.

To prove how non PC you are requires offending as many people as possible. And itā€™s those non PC people who are taking control port and starboard.

Also known as ā€œkeeping it real.ā€

I believe @JosephEMeehan had a VW bug, maybe diesel. Not sure where he is.

This place stinks because there are so many posters that disagree with me.

3 Likes

Or, as one person sarcastically said to me many years ago, ā€œBe reasonableā€“do it my wayā€!

1 Like

I know the feeling. I have only been wrong once in my life.

It was the time I thought I was wrong, but I found out I wasnā€™t. :wink:
CSA

2 Likes

Hey!
Thatā€™s my lineā€¦sort of.
When people at work would compliment me on my knowledge of a broad range of subjects, my sarcastic response was, I thought that I was wrong once, but I was incorrect.
That line produced a lot of confused looks.

1 Like

:laughing:
CSA

And I suppose all those racist and hateful things that Trump said are okay . . . ?!

Gimme a break

All the hate groups and white power groupsare out in the open now

Theyā€™ve gotten the not so subtle message that their view points and activities WILL be tolerated, and perhaps even admired by many

Not by me, though

As far as Iā€™m concerned, Colbert did a great thing

Trump DESERVED that, after treating John Dickerson with such open and utter disdain. Dickerson was nothing but professional and polite, and Trump treated him like garbage

If Trump wants respect, he should SHOW respect

And as far as I can tell, he hasnā€™t done that

So the bottom line is . . . you werenā€™t wrong once, but in fact you were wrong many times?

That is the reason you were incorrect about being wrong once?

:blush:

Iā€™ve made many mistakes, and will continue to do so, and I can laugh about it, too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Redirect: I just received notification that I am now a member of an exclusive group. Having been a member for a year and made at least one post, I join the other 3245 members. Where the heck are they all? I think Iā€™ve been around here probably 10-15 years though and that rural mailman who I canā€™t remember his name now, used to get pretty upset. To be fair though, I canā€™t actually remember a president I liked. Maybe Ike but I was only ten. Never seen this kind of vitriol though for any of them, even Carter who was a bumbling fool.

I also got an ā€œanniversaryā€ notification today

As for my mailman, it seems every 2 or 3 years, thereā€™s a new face. I have a feeling the local post office wonā€™t let a mail carrier stay on one route more than a few years . . . ?

There you all go, disagreeing with me some more!

All these awards and $5 bill and I can buy a cup of McDā€™s coffee.

Smedley Butler and I share being former Marines and a great cynicism for the corporate/government control of the military. Maybe Iā€™m smarter than him. I was convinced I was being used before I filled the second bar with fruit salad and in only 21 months.

Iā€™m on the same side as you politically. I wish Colbert hadnā€™t used the exact language he used, for the same reason I wish our president didnā€™t use the language he used while describing what he likes to force women to endure when heā€™s around. Of course, it might be nice if our president didnā€™t feel the need to make women endure such things no matter how he describes them, but apparently thatā€™s asking too much these days.

But I do find it funny that the crowd who was busy calling me a liberal cuck snowflake for 18 months is such a bunch of snowflakes that unkind words from a late show host send them into a tailspin of rage.

Nice to know Iā€™m not the only one. I had several anniversaries today, according to the forum. :wink:

Interesting. Youā€™re the only Marine Iā€™ve talked to that apparently doesnā€™t get mad when called a ā€œformerā€ Marine. :wink:

Not to continue this but its one thing to have a private conversation between two guys recorded some ten-fifteen years ago and not a public figure, and another to be on nation-wide TV. Be honest now, would you have wanted every conversation you had with another guy recorded? Iā€™m sure most of us have said things that would not meet todayā€™s standards. I think itā€™s time to end these on-going daily attacks and remember that we are all citizens under the same flag. At least most of us, except for the Ausies and Brits.

Exactly how was Trump NOT a public figure 10-15 years ago, as you said . . . ?!

He was extremely well-known at that time

Of course not

But Trump has said enough things on the record, which I find wholly unacceptable and NOT how a decent person should behave

I SERIOUSLY suspect thatā€™s part of the reason for his appeal . . . he talks a lot of smack, heā€™s crude, rude and insulting, and people wish they themselves could say those things and not get fired, beaten up, arrested, etc. I think to some degree itā€™s a subconscious thing, but yes, I believe itā€™s a factor

1 Like