Thinking about a 2015 Acura RDX

any transmission or engine problems with 2015 acura rdx or anything unusual. I am looking to buy a 2015 rdx.

Consumer Reports says overall better than average reliability. All engine and drive train systems much better than average.

There were problems 10+ years ago, apparently solved. That said, I’d make sure to maintain the transmission by the book, or better. If I got a 2015, I’d have the dealer change out the fluid if it’s not documented, with Acura (Honda) fluid.

1 Like

We have a 16 and no problems at all with 30,000 miles. The V6 engines are solid. Not sure if the 15’s have the 6 speed transmissions or not but Honda transmissions always need to be taken care of. Yes you want to check on the service history. The rear differential should have been changed at the first 10,000 miles and then with the transmission and transfer case at 30,000 and every 30K after that. I change oil at 5000 but the oil light won’t go off until 7-10,000 which I think is excessive. That’s always a problem buying something used unless the person took care of things. Otherwise the wife loves it and gives me the look every time I refer to it as a truck.

1 Like

I have a 2016 RDX and a 2016 MDX. They both have similar V6’s. RDX 6 speed; MDX 10 speed. I prefer the 6 speed which has a conventional shifter, not a push button with pull up reverse. If I were to keep one, it would be the RDX.

There is a 4 year 50,000 bumper to bumper warranty which might still be active. They retain their value which makes used examples somewhat expensive. The vehicle will completely change for 2019 going to a new platform with a turbocharged 4 cyl. No more V6. Production begins in July. RDX’s are made in Ohio; so was I.

1 Like