The turn signal is stuck on

I own a 1994 Ford Taurus. One day o had made a sharp left turn and jolted my car and every since then my left blinker is constantly on. It doesn’t shut off and doesn’t switch to the right one. I tried the replacing the fuse with a spare one and completely took the fuse out because I can’t figure out how to fix it. The handle to turn the blinker works fine and clicks in all the right places. But how do I fix this?

Offhand, I’d say there was a problem with the turn signal switch; a.k.a. the combination switch.
This should be fairly easy to check and replace but I have no idea as to the limit of your mechanical abilities.

The shroud has to come off the steering column and the switch should be loose after removing a few screws and some wire connectors. A new switch is about 40-50 bucks depending.

Yeah, sounds the multifunction switch is mechanically busted.
I’m not familiar with how a '94 Taurus multifunction switch is attached, but if replacing it requires removing the steering wheel do NOT try this yourself. The airbag is part of the steering wheel and could be very dangerous if it pops.

The Fords I’ve owned, and currently own, have the combo switch attached with a couple of screws on the side of the column so there’s none of that aggravating steering wheel removal to go through.
I’m not 100% certain but I think that model of Taurus is made the same (sensible…) way. :smile:

Try changeing the tilt on your steering wheel