The fuel shark?

I saw the ad and the news report. News report was great, especially that it featured James Randi. I love his 1 million dollar offer, as well. However, the Shark has actually been proven to increase miles per gallon. The way it works is, whenever it is plugged in, the light comes on, showing that it is working. In order to be sure it continues to work, every few seconds the driver keeps checking to see the light is on. This action should cause the driver to slow down whenever they take their eyes off the road. By going slower every few seconds the driver ACTUALLY SAVES GAS! Of course, when the driver looks back at the road and speeds up the gas savings goes straight to Hell! I think I would rather spend the money on a few good cigars, if there are such things. I’ll check with Randi.

Hmmm…if that’s how it’s supposed to work, then I would also label it a

Safety Reduction Device

Thanks for the chuckle galaxiebeing.

I recall an uncle that lived in Vegas. Slowed down every time he saw a red porch light.
(just kidding).

Wow, most scams rely on a premise that is at least superficially plausible. This isn't even that.

The quacks have all switched to automotive products it seems.

Naw, the weight loss, health care, exercise, holistic foods, and kitchen appliances industries are overloaded with quacks too. The internet has just made being a scam artist so much easier and more lucritive than it’s ever been in the past.

That was funny, galaxybeing

"The quacks have all switched to automotive products it seems."

That’s because gas prices are UP…when they’re down a good portion of them go away.

Lying is an accepted advertising practice. The idea is to make money, not inform people of the truth.
I wonder some times if the biggest market for scams are scammers themselves who want something for nothing, or very little.

1 Like

Leasing has got to be in the top 5 overall automotive scams to date

1 Like

Naw, Dag, the scammers pay full price. Rolls Royce doesn;t offer discounts.

Not only is it a scam, but there is a copycat now on the market:

If it were ultraviolet it could stop the virus-19 Corona Lite. It’s the new name. For now. Old time topics are OK, even after 10 years.

The less people understand science and math the more they are willing to believe in their magical properties.

Look at politicians, they still believe we can borrow our way to prosperity and don’t realize or care that the more dollars they print the more they are stealing our savings through taxation and inflation.

Mike, I get nothing when I click on the link you provided. Did anyone else have their Adblock disappear today? I had to re-install it, I could hardly browse Car Talk without it, Ads took up 2/3 of the space.

You can’t rely on links 9.5 years later, the source may not maintain the site reference for this long.

I didn’t post any link.

11 years ago you did.

Sorry I didn’t scroll back 11 years. Any link from 11 years ago is probably long gone.

1 Like

Anything say say can and will be used against you. :wink:

How come when I say “schmuck” I get flagged, and you can get away with it? HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!