After-market gas saver

I recently saw a full page ad in US News & World Report touting doubling gas mileage with the installation of a HAFC (Hydro Assisr Fuel Cell) and out of this world prediction of over 100 miles per gallon of upcoming PICC (Pre-ignition Catalytic Converter). Fully explained on their web site http://www…/index.htm

Is there any validity to this? I did not check price

For the charlatans who are marketing this scam, there is great validity–for their wallets.
For the gullible consumer who falls for this type of baloney, there is only the shock of learning the hard way that his/her money has been wasted on a product with claims that are not credible.

Balogna. Pure balogna.

I was going to go into a complicated explanation about how multiport injection is a high pressure (read: small droplet) mist sprayed immediately before the valve (at the intake port) and how that’s as fine as it can get, and why this object cannot help, but I’ll just say that the website is a very inventive piece of lure horsepucky.

I have always spelled it baloney. And I also have a different spelling for horsepucky. But no matter how you say it, both are apt descriptions for this so-called miracle device.

It’s a pile of bulls*** that sells well among f***heads. You really think some guy has better technology than a major manufacturer?

This is another one for the one born every minute.  US News & World Report should be ashamed of themselves.

The magazine has no obligation to check the devices advertised in their publication. If it’s so good, why hasn’t Ford, GM, or Toyota licensed it?

These type of items clearly do not work. I remember Art Bell used to advertise that he used an air-system device on his Metro (I think it was called the “Tornado”) that created a vortex that allowed more air in the combustion chamber. The device (allegedly) improved fuel economy significantly, and cost less than $100.

Obviously, if such a system worked, ALL carmakers would be putting them in their vehicles. Fuel economy is a selling point for consumers, and if Toyota could put one of these in a Camry and increase fuel economy by a few MPG’s, you could be sure they’d do it.

Art Bell always claimed that he documented real improvements after installing his ?Tornado?, but it turns out that the device comes with a manual that describes driving techniques that boost the effectiveness of the device, such as slower accelleration and generally less extreme driving.

Funny that…

In our neck of the woods, they fill up and drive off without paying.

Be serious. DOUBLE fuel mileage? Upcoming 100MPG? If this were even remotely possible every major auto manufacturer on the planet would be on top of this, and would incorporate the “technology” into every car they sell.

It’s BS, pure and simple. Save your money.

hydro assisr fuel cell? do you mean assisT?

anyways, we’ve had about 6 other threads on this already

you made me laugh an smile. Here we just save bunches of gallions by not driving the car…e

I guess people got tired of selling the Brooklyn Bridge…

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. In this case, it definitely is…a crock.

“When they shut off the engine, the researchers reported that it coasted on the plasma for another two minutes.”

Hey!!! I used to have a car that did that too.

Dig a little deeper into this, and things get wacky pretty quick.

At the very very bottom of the linked page, you see in tiny print that the company is part of “UCSA Dealer’s Group”.

Research that group, and you find a few things:

group founder: Dennis Lee
Here’s his record with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Evidently he’s been in trouble for selling a “free electricity machine”. -I find that part about the “National Demonstration Day” particularly amusing.
http://data.middletennessee.bbb.org/bindrreport.html?fax=Y&bid=11101115&gid=1&gen=1&lid=1

Here is UCSA’s official page:
http://mybetterworld.com/index.htm
It should be noted that the majority of other products they sell are things like laundry detergent and ant killer. Really, it only makes sense that we would find the cure to energy independence through bleach. …right?
Plus, I find the link entitled “Free Electricity-Plan B” pretty crazy. …poor oppressed Mr. Lee. It seems “the Man” keeps sending his innocent soul to jail. Funny that he never specifies what the charges were.

Well, you find out here:
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1116367966.aspx that he’s been charged in the past with:
eight arrests alleging fraud, forgery and drug-related offenses.
charges he passed bad checks.
fined $31,000 in a civil action accusing him of violating the state’s consumer protection act.
Lee pleaded guilty to seven of 47 counts for misrepresentations to investors about the energy-saving potential of an electric heat pump.

Plus, there’s a neat little video w/ that link too.

…I donno. Seems legit to me. : D

The magazine has no obligation to check the devices advertised in their publication.

True, but many do, the ethical ones. This one does not take much effort to check.

I wonder if he represents that Nigerian Prince who asked for my bank account and credit card numbers so they can send me my $10,000,000

Notice how the OP hasn’t posted back? Plus this is the second time this week this topic has come up. I think someone is looking for suckers to buy into this scam.

I wonder what would come up if you did a google search on chunter131 …*wink, wink.