Tesla Owners

That’s why a lot of residents rent parking spaces.

I guess I don’t mind the automatic updates, otherwise I’d forget to do it. My computer guy set it up so its supposed to update about 3 am. The only thing he told me is every week shut the system down and restart for those updates that need a restart and make a copy of the files every two weeks. That’s what I do. I just don’t like sitting and waiting for two hours while Billy takes over my computer. But still, I’d just like him to ask first.

Hi there. Thanks to everyone who shared their advice for managing the Windows updates. Could you please bring it back on topic, if there’s anything else to be said? Thanks very much.

Well, to be honest, Windows has more of internal combustion engine in it nowadays than Tesla!

Why Jay Leno felt like ‘an idiot’ when he bought a Tesla

Crap If I had millions and a barn full of cars, what a stupid thing to say.

1 Like

OK then, I won’t say anything about losing my Morris Minor (a car) screen background to Microsoft.

I was under the impression Bill Gates has not been running the Microsoft day-to-day operations for quite some time now

These days he’s referred to as the Microsoft founder and a philanthropist, not as the current Microsoft CEO, AFAIK

Sure I have to look up afaik, as far as I know, for others less acronym endowed as am I, potus scotus, hocus pocus, congress is the opposite of progress afaik, not much news on government shutdown again, thanks rethuglicans, but a lot of coverage of trump, go figure, dang liberal media!

1 Like

Yes db, you are correct. I was simply venting my frustration at the founder since I was around before he founded it and remember him founding it and connect him to it along with some of the policies that helped to make him rich and made the rest of us consumers a little miffed. Sometimes we say things in humor, or run-on sentences just for the fun of it or emphasis. And by “we” I mean mainly me. Personally though, I think Microsoft should be broken up into baby Microsofts just like they did with Bell Telephone. We have laws against monopolies too.

1 Like

That is not true with Windows 10, unless you have the Enterprise version Microsoft forces upgrades. You can only specify the time for the upgrade.

1 Like

And all you have to do is disable the auto update service.

I tried, mine would not let me do it. The cnet article doesn’t cut it for me either.

I’m sorry I brought it up. It was just a passing comment. Some of us have no interest in going into the dark recesses of our computers. I remember having a similar “discussion” with a guy on two cycle truck diesel engines. I said there were and he said there weren’t any. 20 years later he still thinks he’s right and I still think I was right. In the end it really didn’t matter much who was right, he just kept driving his truck regardless.

Show him a deisel pile driver, it is Wikipedia’d as a 2 stroke engine.

Of course, you’re right.

Microsoft doesn’t allow you to turn off auto update on Windows 10, except for the Enterprise edition.

Do you know how to open Microsoft services?

I know computers are your world but for some of us (me), when you start talking about all this stuff, our (my) eyes glaze over and I plug my ears and hum so I don’t hear any more. If I get a major issue I will just call Dave and then pay him but I don’t want to hear about what he did. Nothing against anyone but it reminds me when I used the term “consumable inventory” with my boss and he told me to speak English. So I just said fine, don’t worry about it, I’ll take care of it, just keep the buzzards off my back.

3 Likes