My fiance’ and I have one car (a 2000 Chevy S10 truck), which just died on us for good. We live in a small town and both bike to work (2 miles), as well as to the essentials (grocery, etc.). However, we occassionally (once a week or so) drive longer distances, mostly for pleasure – to go surfing, to concert venues, to go camping, on roadtrips, etc.
We decided we wanted to get a nice roadtrip car (good mpg) that would also meet our outdoorsy needs. After a lot of research and test driving a ton, we fell in love with the new 2015 Jeep Renegade. This is the car we want. However, one of the coolest features of the car is the My Sky roof, which allows two panels to be removed from the roof, opening up the car in a sort of sunroof/convertible mind meld. (We live on the central California Coast, so we like the idea of driving down highway 1, below redwoods, with the roof open.)
However, apparently there were some early issues with this My Sky, so production was delayed. It looks like if we want a Renegade with the My Sky option, we’ll have to wait 6 months. If we go without, we can get one today.
So the question is, given what you know about sunroofs (and Jeep’s track record with them), what would you do?
A.) Wait the 6 months and get the My Sky option.
B.) Get the car now, without the My Sky.
C.) Get the car now and purchase an aftermarket panoramic sunroof option.
D.) None of the above because you have a better idea!
Any advice or insight is much appreciated. Thanks!!!