Subaru 2005 Outback

All of a sudden my 2005 Subaru Outback’s parking lights won’t turn off after I turn off the ignition and remove the key. Very annoying. (I have to disconnect the battery when I;m not using it until I get it fixed.) Nothing else stays on.

Although It’s probably a short somewhere, so I’ll have to take it in and cost me a hundred bucks at least, if anybody out there has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Edward

Isn’t that one of the cars with a switch specifically for that purpose, for use in Europe? If so, send me half of the hundred bucks and we’ll call it even. :slight_smile:

…VDCdriver sighs with dismay…

Yet another person who is not familiar with the controls of his own car, and who apparently has not bothered to read the Owner’s Manual!

Please refer to the following recent thread in which I thoroughly explained the problem, and its VERY simple solution:

http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/2140189.page

VDC…

Have you completely lost your mind ?
Who do you think you are to expect such a preposterous thing as reading the Owner’s Manual? And for the $30k car he actually owns !!! The gall and cheek !!!

I can only imagine all the unnecessary repairs Edward will have to soon perform on this Subbie: Viscous Coupling replacement, new engine-due to neglected/broken timing belt, transmission, etc, etc.

Locate the parking light switch on top of the steering column and turn it off.

Or take it in and let them laugh at you.