Stupid useless Eco Stop/Start "feature" in newer cars!

I think I’ll have to try that recipe sometime. I take the easy way out and
just use Krusteaz mix, which seems pretty good to me; just need to add
water and egg to the mix-
Need to do a comparison to see what I’m missing.

That’s worse than the automatic headlights on / off feature I have in my 2005 Buick Century. My headlights always turn on when I start the car in my darkened garage or the traffic comes to a standstill in a dark underpass. That’s unnecessary wear and tear on my relays, headlamps and electrical system. I empathize with you.

1 Like

And they forgot about the parking brake. I even use it in the drive-thru if the line in front takes especially long.

OK, I went back to my post and edited it taking out my favorite waffle recipe because I felt that waffle recipes were going a little too off topic. But separating the egg yolk and white and whipping the white to the consistency of whipped cream and then folding it into the batter gives you really light and airy waffles.
The key is to just fold it in with a spoon, don’t overmix or you will end up un-whipping the egg white.

Off topic or not, it’s good information, so I’m good with that- :smiley:

Jill , this thread has 126 posts to it so I have no idea who you are responding to . And the person who started it 2 years ago has never returned . And as far as I know Stop / Start is not mandated by Mr. Obama or anyone else . There are still vehicles out there that do not have that feature .

1 Like

No!
Don’t you know that anything and everything you don’t like is the result of some kind of conspiracy cooked-up by the previous administration? For confirmation, just tune into Faux News.
Get with the program, man!
:wink:

5 Likes

The 54 MPG goal has made things like auto start/stop, 1.4 L turbo charged engines, CVT and dual clutch automatics a common handicap in modern vehicles. The public voted for the guy that promised to tighten the fuel economy standards despite the fact that 50 MPG vehicles were available at that time. People want a big comfortable car or SUV that gets 50 MPG and the government should make that happen?

1 Like

Let’s don’t get started on the climate change deal again…please.

I don’t enjoy auto stop tech. I drove too many beaters when I was younger that had that feature, sans the restart.

1 Like

Just take Mrs. Bing on the gondola ride at The Venetian in Vegas. And then, if you’re feeling flush, you can take her to dinner in the Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel nearby.

Why bring up politics, just why?

2 Likes

The person who revived this 2 year old thread brought up the politics and has no idea what she is talking about.

3 Likes

She’s actually correct, unless the previous admin didn’t push the CAFE regs. Not commenting on whether I agree or disagree with said CAFE regs, but previous admin installed, current admin loosened or attempted to loosen them, correct?

Oh please! Just go away!

Let’s not feed the trolls!

3 Likes

It’s too late.

Having said that, I’ve driven a Prius that had stop/start tech, and I barely noticed it.

I’ve also driven golf carts that have stop/start tech, and it didn’t bother me at all.

This is the world’s smallest violin playing just for people who rant about having to push a button that deactivates the feature. What a first world problem!!!

giphy

4 Likes

I agree, it’s not the end of the world. But, as a tangent from another thread, I do find the stop/start tech more of a nuisance than the lack of fancy cup holders :grin:.

2 Likes

I guess two can play at that. A golf cart is designed for frequents stops. Do you really want it running for 18 holes? But for a $40-50,000 car you should not have to turn the feature off every time you get into it and can’t believe most people are concerned about the minuscule savings which has been debatable if there are any in the long run.

1 Like

Is pushing the button to deactivate the feature any harder than pushing the button that starts the car?

If it is, I’m sure you have my deepest sympathy for your hardship.

giphy

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s meant for any substantial personal savings (unless you drive in gridlock). More of an emissions and fuel usage reduction if you add up all of the vehicles on the road with the feature.

2 Likes

The average car on an average commute probably stops or coasts at least as often as a golf cart on a nine hole course.

1 Like