Strange behaviour at gas stations

Those paint guns . . . don’t they actually dent car doors and fenders?

Is the paint hard to remove, if the owner waits too long?

I can’t stand loud neighbors either, but I don’t even daydream about potentially damaging somebody else’s property, such as a car

It’s probably just as well you don’t. Some of these boom-boom drivers just might shoot back with a .45!

1 Like

Guess that is one possibility why I do not own one yet, no I am not ready to splat the cars, but keep thinking how can you be such an offensive person, and I have no recourse except to call the police, and no I do not call the police, as they would probably be powerless to do anything besides just responding to a complaint after the car is long gone. As far as I know police here ticket boom boom rattle the fenders drivers when they encounter them.
Not feeling too threatened myself, they would probably miss and hit an innocent bystander, can’t have that!

You can sleep well, knowing you set a better example than they do

You do have an option, however. Take a deep breath and count to ten. The life you save may be your own.

In many places, police cannot by statute cite a misdemeanor unless they themselves witness the offense. Misdemeanors are just plain too hard to prosecute based on “heresay” and the penalties not worth the effort.

1 Like

The fact that it was filmed in the first place tells me that something was going on long before the door kick event. My guess would be that the car was refusing to let the biker go by him and when he did, he swerved in an attempt to stop him from passing, but I don’t know for sure. A lot of the witnesses said the car driver got what was coming to him.

1 Like

I’m not positive but guessing it’s illegal here as all pumps have a NO SMOKING Turn Of Engine placard. Still no self-serve allowed and I never had a customer try to leave the engine running.

That makes no sense if you have a permit or license you can legally operate a motor vehicle. Why would you be prohibited from fueling it?

1 Like

I remember if business was slow a sure fire way to get a customer was by lighting a cigarette. Ding! Ding!

1 Like

Car crashes are nearly always an accident. Shooting another driver is not.

1 Like

There are numerous news stories on this crash, some report that the Nissan had exited the carpool lane into the lane occupied by the motorcycle causing the rider to take action. The motorcyclist moved the from the right side of the car to the left side to express his dissatisfaction, the driver of the car moved to the left, back into the carpool lane forcing the motorcyclist towards the wall, that is when the video clip starts. In the beginning of the video the car’s right side tires are on the white line showing the vehicle moving into the carpool lane.

The teenage driver of the car claimed the motorcyclist brandished a knife, rather unlikely at 70 MPH. Seems like an apologetic gesture and raising the window would be all that was needed. Perhaps there should be a chapter in driver’s training explaining that you cannot execute someone for leaving a heel print on your car.

I have encountered more than one ego who thinks being passed is a challenge to a race when I’m on a motorcycle.
I’m stuck behind a slow car on a two lane rural road and when I finally have a chance to go around him, no matter how fast I go, he’s tailgating me. If I knew he was going to go that fast from that point on, I wouldn’t have passed him.
"Dude! I passed you because you were driving ridiculously slow, I wasn’t challenging you to a race!"
Don’t take being passed personally.

1 Like

People are just plain nuts these days! Many of the problems mentioned here are everywhere and not just at gas stations. As for gas stations/convenience stores, I try to avoid them right after government benefits of any kind come out. The third of the month is typically when the “disability” benefits come out and those that have figured out how to game the system come out in force. That $300 in lottery tickets, cigarettes, and beer is certainly more useful than buying food to feed your family. During the day at about 2:30 PM around here is also a good time for the derelicts to be out and about. All the druggies are finally getting up and out of bed so get on the road around this time, give or take an hour.

I own my own business servicing computers and related devices. Everyone in any type of service business seems to have horror stories. Auto mechanics tell me about the same kind of nonsense. Anyway, this video recently went viral and unfortunately is all too typical of people these days. That guy was asking to get shot by the store owner if you ask me but bear mace will also do. People expect to pay nothing for anything these days. Basically I won’t take on a job without having my $50 diagnostic fee UPFRONT. That way I already have the money owed to me and don’t have to worry about situations like the one pictured. Trust me, it is always the amounts of money like $35 or $50 that people owe you that cause these types of issues. I have had three people threatening to kill me in a rage over owing me money. I just about ran one over with my car and about shot the other two. It seems that all the ones I have dealt with know exactly what they can get away with and are experts at reading just how far they can go before the tables turn against them. This guy wasn’t like that and just kept pushing even with the can of mace in his face. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_UFxvgk2k8&t=7s

Again, I have more run-ins right after any large batch of government benefits come out. We certainly seem to be breeding and raising an “entitled” class these days that throws a fit like a spoiled child when they don’t get their way. Charging money upfront is the smartest and simplest thing I have done to run these people off before they become my problem. The third of the month is by far the worst day for just plain crazy people calling me. They seem to all blow their money and retreat back into the woodwork within 24-48 hours. I would turn my phone off these couple days if it wasn’t for the fact that regular customers call during that time period as well.

Don’t even get me started on the people I see at Wal-Mart! If I forget it is the third of the month, I am quickly reminded by the full parking lot and the nutcases inside. This is when you see people hauled out in handcuffs. I have talked to the police about this and they say there is a noticeable uptick in crime around days when benefits come out.

1 Like

While I totally agree that the biker played part in the accident and aftermath, I just cannot fathom how a kick from a seated position from a 2 seated mobile vehicle will in any way cause enough force to cause a 4 wheeled vehicle to loose control.

Yes, that may be a pivot point for cops to use their CARs to do a pit maneuver, but kicking a car? and while on a motorcycle? Was this biker superman, or the 6 Million Dollar Man?

much more likely- the sound scared the driver, and they over-reacted and hit the wall.

2 Likes

Around here, it use to be common for a car being passed to take up the challenge. Fortunately, that has subsided. Now the nuts try to pass on the right in hopes of just squeezing between the car in front and the one to the left he is trying to pass. There is frequently around one carlength between the cars when nut job makes his move. The craziest thing is that the guy could have passed on the left (most of our highways are 3 or 4 lanes). More often than not, he just gets stuck waiting for an opportunity to pass in a more normal manner.

Kudos to the Hackettstown, NJ cop who caught a female road-rager in the act, and gave her multiple summonses!

The video accompanying the article is very brief, but if you watch closely, you will see the Honda (CR-V??) passing despite a double yellow line, and narrowly missing two oncoming cars.

Go out to your car (if you have one, and it’s a regular car and not a 'Vette or Porsche) and push the rear quarter panel aft of the wheel. It’ll wobble sideways easily. That, followed by a typical driver’s overreaction, is all it takes. It isn’t nearly as hard as you’re making it out to be.

Now, if the biker was riding a Honda 150 I might agree… but his bike had plenty of weight to give him the stability he needed to make the car’s rear end wobble.

We disagree on this point. Let’s leave it at that. :relaxed:

That’s the phrase for all time. Wouldn’t it be a perfect world if everybody just went along? :sunny:
I’m just afraid that we’re not quite there, yet, eh? :wink:
CSA

It’s a phrase that not everyone agrees to agree with. :grin:

I agree on this point. Let’s leave it at that. :relaxed:
CSA :v: