Price isn't the only problem at the gas pump

Zoom in on this woman’s left hand and tell me what’s wrong with this picture:

4 Likes

What is she trying to fill up the pump? Had 1 experience filling up my car, went to the restroom while filling, somebody must have taken the nozzle and filled up their car as it was double what I expected. Went to the same gas station again, noticed watchers on the street looking for just such an opportunity. Guess that is another reason not to leave gas filling unattended. News report last night people are drilling holes in the plastic tanks to steal gas, locking cap is not enough I guess!

2 Likes

Idiots who smoke at a gas pump! I haven’t seen one lately, but that’s just luck. Having someone fill their tank on your card would be pretty annoying, but walking away while your car is filling seems like a bad idea all around. I knew a woman who was carefully filling her car’s tank and saw a guy run up, snatch her purse off the front seat, and run away. Maybe stuff like that doesn’t happen all day every day, but it happens.

If I pull into a station and someone is smoking while pumping, I’ll either wait on the other side of the parking lot to finish, or go to another station. Fortunately, that’s rare around here.

2 Likes

It’s against the law here in NH and most states that I know of. I’ve actually seen a guy get a ticket for it. Cop was driving by and saw him smoking while pumping gas.

3 Likes

excellent advice, but unexpected, considering your username :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

:fire: :fire:

3 Likes

This isn’t a good idea. Have you never had a pump occasionally fail to shut off?

2 Likes

Yeah I have. In addition I always make sure the nozzle is shut off before I start the pump. One time sprayed gas all over the trunk of my freshly waxed car before I could stop the thing. The person before me never shut the nozzle off by mistake or on purpose who knows?

2 Likes

Something new to check, sonds like a dirty trick!

She’s just culling the herd. :scream:

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen at a truck stop with a diesel pump the difference was that It bounced of the truck and hit me.

1 Like

I don’t even clean the far side of the windshield while the pump is running, after having this happen once.

1 Like

I have saw a guy put his gas cap in the handle of the nozzle so he would not have to hold it while pumping. He goes under the hood to check his oil. realizing he needs oil he goes inside to buy a quart. Well, the pump handle was defective and did not auto click off. You can imagine where all the gas went until someone ran over to shut it off.

Maybe pyrolord is a firefighter and knows whereof they write…?

1 Like

Except this close (whoever took the photo…) maybe does not want to be culled!

Maybe New Jersey has the right idea–you cannot pump your own gas…too complicted for 85% of the populace???

1 Like

Except that may no longer the law in New Jersey.

New Jersey drivers may soon be able to pump their own gas - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)

I hope, but a recent survey found that 71% of those who were asked about this issue indicated that they didn’t want to pump their own gas.

Go figure!

no I’m sadly not one, but one of my close friends is for both southern Lancaster County in PA and Baltimore city in MD (he also does EMS with Baltimore). The Pyrolord moniker was picked up from my time in Boy Scouts many years ago

3 Likes