Stick figure avatars

Ah, didn’t realize my avatar does not look like a cat to everyone else. It is from a cat stamp showing a sitting cat washing a paw. I will have to find a better cat to use.

^…^<

@Marnet

I don’t know what the others are thinking, but I always thought your avatar looked like a cat licking her paw

Perhaps I always recognized it as such, because I have cats of my own . . . ?

Problem is, perhaps, that it shows up distorted. The actual photo of the stamp is more upright and clear than how it posts here. Working on it. :slight_smile:

For some reason I misread your ID as Marmot the first time and made the picture into a marmot…

@texases you’re not the only one :wink:

Oh dear, all these years some of you have thought I am a marmot. Can’t weasel :wink: out of that I suppose.

So, to clear up confusion, the hard to discern cat washing its paw avatar is gone, replaced by a real cat! :smiley:

Marnet (as in mar-net)
…still reading, still learning… and sometimes getting a good laugh at herself!

Honestly, I always thought a talking marmot who knew a lot about cars was pretty awesome. :wink:

@shadowfax LOL Thank you sir. :blush:

db4690- Is that Bill the Cat?

OH, that’s a NEW cat avatar. I remember the old one too. I knew it was not a marmot. Is the new one your cat? Click on PM in your inbox above.

Yep, old avatar was a simple line drawing of a cat washing its paw. Current/new avatar is one of my cats. :slight_smile:

@“oldtimer 11”

Yup

Ya I thought it was a critter of some sort, did not see the cat. Not to be offensive but I think a little cropping makes the idea clearer, avatars are tough!

or some selective editing… (this is a quick edit, could do better)

removing the background makes it more viewable.

I like the cat on the quilt better. It looks like my cat, Nash.

Thank you all. I am working from my cell phone because my aging computer has issues. In a few days I will try to trim the pic. If I can’t I may borrow one of those y’all have trimmed if I may. Just like cars, computers work great until they don’t. :wink:

certainly, just drag the image to your desktop.
note that most of us just see the smaller icon, so you want it to be legible at that size.

AHA ! Finally got mine changed to a bass guitar like mine.

@ken_green not that much on musical instruments, wife and daughter are, but did not know of a 5 string bass guitar before your pic. Is that for one string for each finger or something like that. Now how to keep it car related…

I like the little guy. Looks like a space alien to me. I like space aliens.