Spam-flagging error

Hi,

I wasn’t able to delete the spam thread this morning because of an internet connectivity issue at home, so I regret having to leave it there longer than necessary.

More importantly, I wanted to ask you about the error message you received when flagging the post. Were all of you who tried to flag it able to flag it? Meaning - did you get the error message despite successful flagging, or was it an impediment to the flagging? I see three of you were able to mark it, but I want to gather the data anyway.

As always, I do appreciate your feedback and if I need to inquire about it, I like to back up the question with an adequate sample size.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn:
I was able to “Flag” without a problem.

The issue occurred when I tried to “Report” the post. Clicking on Report gave me a dialogue box where I entered my comment. But then when I hit Submit, it returned with a permission error.

My situation is exactly the same as JoeMario’s.

I can add that whenever I have tried to “report” a post, I have always gotten the “You don’t have permission to do this” message, so I don’t think that this is a new issue.

OK. Good to know. I’ll inquire. Thank you both.

Update: I think it should be fixed now, according to what I heard from support about the fix.

I have a can of this at home. I got it because I’m a Monty Python fan. I can’t bring myself to eat it, not only because it would wreck the cool can, but also because spam is disgusting. :wink:

Don’t knock Spam (made just south of here). Its great fried up and on toast. Real tasty and helped win the war. Otherwise it might be called Aufspamen.

http://blog.pavedearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/20100926-IMG_0012.jpg

@Bing I spent enough time in Austin in my younger days to never want to see Spam again. :wink: That plant permeates everything with a godawful smell that on some days seemed to stretch clear to the Iowa border.

I did find the Spam museum entertaining, though.

helped win the war.

I always got a kick out of that quote from the era “Spam is a meatball without basic training.”

“Stuff Probably Ain’t Meat”

Mmmmmmm…Teriyaki Spam:

I’m going to go ahead and close this. If you have trouble reporting anything via the button, send me a PM.