Signal Sound---click click click!

Hi! I have a 1998 Toyota Tacoma, automatic with 150K+. It’s a great little truck and up till now, no problems. Recently just had a tune up and everything’s doing fine…until I use my signal, left or right, and the sound–not the flashing–continues after I’ve made the turn and the little click shuts off the flashing lights. Any ideas??

I had the same problem with a 2000 Blazer. It was the multifunction switch (turn signal, cruise, wipers, etc). It’s a known problem with GM vehicles, not sure with Toyotas.

Spray some CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner into the base of the switch on the steering column. This worked for a few days on my Blazer. I still had to replace the switch, but the cleaner confirmed the switch was the problem.

Ed B.

cheapest thing to try to do yourself… go to auto parts store and buy a blinker relay. they cost about 15 bucks (more or less) you can replace yours, and see if that does the trick.

the relay is located in the FUSE panel under the dashboard by your left knee. look for the relay symbol on the back side otf the fuse panel cover, that will give you the relative location to where your looking. You simply pull and wiggle the old one out, and press (firmly) the new on in, same spot, same prongs.

P.S. have you changed the timing belt??? ever??? you’re living on borrowed time if you haven’t!