Should You Name Your Car?

Why not?
I gave my car a name “baby T” for a more familiar feel and I truly consider he is a new member of my family. This makes me appreciate and take care of him more!

When working as at GM, we had a mule vehicle that repeatedly blew out the left headlamp. We named it Mr. Winky, which I took great delight in using during management meetings.

We had a car in our family that everybody crashed at least one time, We called “La cucaracha”. It always survived, haha

I think everyone attached to their car as their own child so its depend on their emotion .

I bought my Ford F-150 on March 11th literally 3 days before the whole world shut down for Covid 19 so i named her “Rona” which i thought was perfect. Also makes me wonder how many actual baby girls were named that as well in 2020 and 2021…probably alot.

Boats and ships are almost always named. I have an old Boston whaler whose previous owner named it Ducinea. The name didn’t fit the boat, and it’s been painted over. My family has, however named named one car. That was an 80s 3-seat Ford Crow Vic wagon that was a boat of a car and handled just like a boat. “Queen Victoria.” We had to do it.

If I remember correctly, navy lore says to never re-name a ship. Seems like they have a tendency to sink. Superstitious or not, it’s better tho error on the side of caution.

At good book is the last stand of the tin can sailors concerning the battle of Leyte gulf. Some of the sailors did not want to serve on the ship that had a new name and it sunk.

I have been on this forum for a short time .I live in Poland.
I would like to speak for the first time in this discussion .
I think that every car should be named in some way , have its own name , because after all it serves us every day .
To it and to the name you can get used to I own a car from 1994r brand Devoo -Nubira . I called my car , “My Old Man” - “Rumburak”.
Greetings to the discussants and participants of the forum

1 Like

My wife names all our cars except for my hot rod, but she does call it my mistress… lol