Seeking Advice: Added Diesel Fuel to New Gas Engine...Yikes!

LOL…Thats precisely what I said Rust… Thats all thats needed…theres no need to go telling on yourself and giving the dealer an excuse to deny any future warranty claims (also stated earlier by VDC) POSSIBLY…why risk that?

VDC and Honda…I know exactly where you guys are coming from “dealing with dealers” you don’t feel you can trust. Putting yourself out there with someone you don’t know who may use it against you later is not easy. I just way the risk of having to take advantage of a warranty claim later that may be related to this incident. A 2004 with just a few miles left, no problem. A 2011 with more claims possible…Without a doubt, some makes are very particular in how they are programed to handle situations like this as I indicated by another opinion in quotes… All independents that OP might go to might not have the knowledge though in this case, I’m sure Rust and all are right. I would expect an honest service manager to agree.

But if I didn’t trust my dealer, I would have thought about buying elsewhere too. I don’t paint all dealers with the same brush.

Dagosa

I don’t want to paint all dealers with the same brush, simply because there are some decent dealerships out there. I am on a first-name basis with the owner of my local dealership, and prior to personnel changes, I was also on a first-name basis with both the parts guy and the service manager! As a result I am pretty confident that I would be treated fairly and honestly at his place of business.

However, none of us knows what the OP’s dealer is like. On that basis, I think that it is wise to exercise caution by NOT putting the dealership into the loop in a situation that is clearly one of owner negligence.

VDC, please excuse the “way” and not “weigh”. You guys are very close to convincing me. But I am reminded that all dealers doing warranty work profit and not loose from it. They will if possible side with the customer on that basis alone. That has been my experience with all the bone head moves I have made on equipment covered under a warranty. . If the owner IS clearly negligent and as everyone says, but there is no problem, there should be none with the dealer. If on the other hand, a later problem developes that is covered under warranty and related, ( gas powered cars do not use the same fuel delivery system as diesel) I personally would find it difficult to reconcile my roll. Probably due to guilt inspired religious upbringing. But I’m working on it.

Hi everyone – The mechanic drained the diesel and purged out fuel system and lines. No error codes. Drives fine now. Thanks for all of your advice! Happy holidays!