Seat doesn't move 2010 Mariner

The driver side seat in my wife’s 2010 Mariner doesn’t move forward or back. The seat tilt and the back tilt mechanisms does work. Any ideas to look for? Is it easy to change the mechanism, if all else fails?

Is this a manual control or electric motor control seat? When it used to move fore & aft, did you pull a lever to move it, or did you push a button?

Could be a bad switch, broken wire, bad motor or if you hear a motor run when you hit the switch it could be a broken gear in the mechanism.

As for cost, not even a guess since we don’t know what is broken nor where you live. Both matter a LOT.

2 Likes

If it turns out not to be the switch, then the seat control module may be faulty.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/control-modules/power-seat-control-module-control-unit-driver-p-gu5z14c708jc

Tester

If you have access to the seat motors, might try tapping on them with the end of a screw driver to see if the one not working responds to it or not while hitting the button…

This is only IF it is confirmed it is a bad motor.
I have replaced a few seat mechanisms in the past, but not yours, for the older Infinity I had to pull the seat (put it upside down on a bench or truck tail gate works great also, and remove the the seat motor slide assembly and replace it…
It looked like this, but yours may vary by design…

This is all I could find right now for your 2010 Mariner, hope you don’t have to buy the whole seat track… This is for a 6 way power seat adjuster… as far as I can tell… Price is for my neck of the woods…

thanks to all who replied

1 Like

Umm, what was the problem??

1 Like

But is the problem solved ?

1 Like