Power seat moves in every direction except back

I have a 2001 Chevrolet 2500 HD crew cab truck and the drivers power seat will move in every direction but back. The motor hums when every button is pushed but when I push back the motor just clicks once and then nothing. Nothing is in the tracks or otherwise impeding the seat from moving backwards. Please help.

Thank you.

-Jon

Get under the seat and look at the wires. Sometimes the wire loom comes loose and the seat slides over them as you move it around. The “back” wire is probably disconnected or cut. Reconnect it and your seat should work.

You may need to remove the seat from the vehicle to repair the problem…You might try spraying the control switch with electrical contact cleaner and see if that works first…Flood the switch with cleaner and manipulate it while it’s still wet…

Can you access the fore/aft motor with a voltmeter or test light?
If so, make sure it’s getting 12v forward and back
Does the seat move forward?

Yes the seat moves forward without an issue. I’m just afraid to go deeper in there by moving the seat forward and not be able to move it back into place. I’m 6’3" and I can’t go much shorter with the seat. I will try the voltemeter and contact cleaner and see if that works. Thanks everybody.

One more question, is there a way to bypass the electrical and manually move the seat back?

Thank you

You would have to remove the motor and figure something out.