Salt in gas

You initially said it’s running OK, but now it’s back in the shop? What is the current problem?

It has been in again since nov. 20th. the fuel injectors have been leaking.

Internet trolls are people who fish for other people’s confidence and, once found, exploit it.

Sounds to me like someone who makes up a story to elicit responses from well meaning people he can then use to further exploit some one else into buying a car he does want anymore.
You keep painting yourself as the victim and this sounds like a soap opera. You enter a forum on a lie and want skeptics to be true believers. you are the “troll”.

Ok I have been ignoring you but a troll is someone that seeks out others with only one purpose to be mean and get a reaction. If you aren’t a troll why do you follow this post? And your allegations are preposterous.

Why are you even here with your deceit ? How mean is it when you contrive others to unknowingly be part of your Scheme ? This is a forum of well intended thoughtful people who want to help others on matters dealing with automobiles, directly and indirectly. I won’t be reading your response. That’s a rhetorical question.

Back to business. These injectors that are now leaking were the ones replaced last year, right? Are they leaking externally (you smelled gas) or internally (Jeep ran rough, check engine light on)?

Edit: what I’m trying to get at is the real condition of the vehicle and if the vandalism is causing recurring problems.

You said the fuel injectors were replaced and state they’re now leaking. After all of that cleaning and replacement of parts is the shop that did the work not going to stand behind the injectors?

This is all assuming the injectors are actually leaking and wondering how this was determined.

At this point I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt on the story.

Three of the injectors were replaced back in oct. 2013. Now the last three are being replaced. There is corrosion in the pintels? Not sure what those are but apparently they are inside the injectors. I’ve already had the cylinder head replaced and the fuel pump and filter. I got the jeep back yesterday and the light came on and was rough running. It’s back in the shop till who knows. I think this shop is too overwhelmed with business. It’s the dealership where I bought it from. There was a few guys giving them a hard time at the counter today :frowning:

The pintle is the pin-shaped needle within the nozzle of the injector:

http://www.tpub.com/engine3/en32-75.htm

I’m assuming the tank was cleaned out when it was removed to replace the fuel pump. Replacing these last injectors may get it right.

This is what I’m hoping too. It’s been a long year >.< thanks for the link and advice. It’s hard when I don’t know slot about these things. Back in high school I took auto courses but we still had 4 stroke engines. The good ole days :wink:

“Back in high school I took auto courses but we still had 4 stroke engines”

???

I still have one, and so do you…

Oh man. You mean my 4 stroke lawnmower is not worth anything on Antique Roadshow ?

No fuel injectors. Carborators.

You mean carburetors. That’s okay, I misspell it all the time too. I still can’t understand why it’s spelled carburEATers instead of caruraATEors.

When you get it back, I’d put Stabil Marine Formula:

http://www.goldeagle.com/product/marine-sta-bil-ethanol-fuel-treatment-stabilizer

in the gas for a few months to get the last of the salt out and protect from corrosion.

I tried three ways to spell it lol. I gave up! Ok I will look for that product. Thank you so much u guys!

Pintle corrosion. Here’s how in my pin-head DIY’er way of thinking, I think of it. You could make a crude injector with just a piece of metal tube and a nail inserted into the tube so that the shaft of the nail was inside the tube, and the head of the nail was big enough that when pulled tightly against the tube opening, it blocked any fuel flow from the end of the tube. Add an electromagnet/spring method of making the nail move to and away from its nominal position on command, then when open the nail head and its relationship to the end of the tube defines the fuel spray pattern, and when closed the nail head blocks all fuel spray. You can imagine the array of problems that might ensue should the head of the nail or the tube opening become corroded.

Ok now it makes sense!! I’ve been having rough starts and stalls for a year but only intermittently. Every time I took it in the car wouldn’t act up for them. When I finally caught a rough start on video and showed them, they ran a pressure test and that’s how it showed the leaks. Do you think this should be the end of the problems for this salt issue? All flushed and new fuel pump and now the three last injectors replaced?

“…this should be the end of the problems…”

Hold that thought…choose to be hopeful.

Here’s to hoping!!