Best of Deals Car Reviews Repair Shops Cars A-Z Radio Show

Right sound isulator as it pertains to removing a blower motor

Hi everybody!

I’m new to the forum. I have a 99 Cavalier that needs either the blower motor or the blower resistor replaced. Either way, i have to remove the blower. My Chilton’s gives the instruction to first remove the right sound insultor… well I can’t figure out exactly what that is. Could anybody describe it and explain how to remove it?



oh real quickly, somehow I spelled the key word wrong twice! It’s “insulator” in the term right sound insulator that I’m asking about… sorry

Jimmy, They Are Probably Referring To A Plastic Panel Under The Dashboard On The Passenger’s Side.

The panel should be positioned almost horizontally (parallel to floor). They are usually held in place with plastic clips or push pins and maybe a screw or two.

Sometimes the plastic push pins have a center pin that needs to be popped (pried, pulled) out first because its job is to expand the larger part of the pin fastener in a hole to make it hold.