Blower Not Working on 1993 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Avenue

I have checked both the fuzes (the small one in the glove compartment panel and the larger one in the PDC), but they’re okay.

There’s a resistor block and the blower itself to check, I imagine.

But where is the blower? Does anyone have instructions on how to do remove whatever will lead me to the blower?

I tried to remove the dash today, and I unscrewed all that I could see, but nothing really budged. I didn’t know what I could pull on (without something breaking).

I do not know about your vehicle but typically removing the dash is not necessary. Blower resistors when gone work on high only and no other settings.

Oh, okay. Mine does not work on any setting. So I guess the first thing to test/replace is the fan/motor.

I just need to figure out where it is. I found some documentation on www.autozone.com that shows how to replace the motor, but it doesn’t tell me where all that is.

My guess would be behind the glove compartment, where I would have to “attack” it from underneath (meaning not having to take off the dash).

The most common placement is right above the passengers feet.

I wouldn’t replace anything until you prove the trouble is with the device. The trouble may be with the resistor block, the blower relay, or the switch itself. Once you locate the blower you should be able to apply power directly to it and see if it works or not.

Turn the ignition on and set the blower for high speed. Reach under the passenger side of the dash and rap on the blower motor with the handle of a screwdriver. If the blower starts working replace the blower motor.

Tester

If you plan on attempting to change this (assuming it is even the problem), pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual for this car—it will save you a lot of guessing about how to replace this.