Heater Blower Motor Resistor

I have a 1999 Buick Century. My heater/AC blower motor only works on High. I’ve had this problem on other cars and replacing the blower motor resistor has solved the problem. The problem here is that I cant’t for the life of me find the resistor under the dash of my Buick. I’ve removed the glove box and part of the dash but I don’t see anything that looks like the part that they show me at the Auto-parts store. Is anybody familar with this car and know where this part is located? Do I have to remove the blower motor to find it in there someplace. I have checked everywhere but under the hood and that’s my next place to check. I could sure use a clue because I don’t have one. I’m a home/weekend mechanic (and I use that term loosely). HELP

Here’s what it says:

Remove lower right instrument panel insulator.

Unplug blower motor resistor connector.

Loosen (BUT DO NOT REMOVE) the two foward mounting screws.

Remove the two rearward mounting screws.

Carefully remove the blower motor resistor.

Tester

I’m not that familiar with your model of Buick but if your car is equipped with EATC (elec. auto. temp. control) then maybe it has a controller instead of a resistor.
If that is the case, then it may be a bit more involved than a resistor.

If your car does have a resistor and that resistor is burnt then you also have to consider a possible cause of why it’s burnt; usually a blower motor that has been dragging for quite a while.

Thanks Tester. Now here is the catch, remember what I said about the “weekend mechanic term” being used loosely? When they say "remove the lower right instrument panel insulator, is this instrument panel insulator located under the dash on the driver side of the car? I’ve always thought the instrument panel is all those gages in front of the driver. So if I’m looking over on the passengers side by the glove box, I’m looking in the wrong place. Correct? It seemed like the most likely place to look for it since that’s where the resistors have been on my other cars and that is where the blower motor is. Let me know if I’m in the right neiborhood.

Instrument panel=dash panel. So yes, the panel that’s below the glovebox.

Tester