"Remove Filter" vs "All Categories" niggle

Clicking the little box above-left where it says “site feedback” for example, the top item in the list (red colored) used to say “All Categories”. Recently it has changed, now saying “Remove Filter”. The prior version “All Categories” is better imo.

1 Like

I have no clue what you are talking about… lol

Did you click “site feedback”?

Do you see it on my screen shot?? I must be missing it somehow…

Look immediately underneath the word “Remove” in the title

1 Like

OK thanks, I was looking in the red way up top… Oops…

I guess since I never looked there, I have no opinion on the matter…

Well , thanks to Mr. Google I now know what ’ niggle ’ means . I have never heard anyone use that word.

I thought it might be an offensive word not to be used in mixed company. I rarely venture off into unknown computer screens lest I not be able to get back again.

On my screen it appears as faint gray letters on a dark red background. Never would have seen it if not directed to it. Almost invisible to me. I don’t imagine I will use it.

When I close and reopen Car Talk it is gone unless I click on this thread. ???

I agree with George, I use that menu selection all the time. It was a big surprise when it was renamed- and for what purpose? Seemed pretty descriptive and intuitive to me whereas I think the new name is confusing. I didn’t want to select it at first being a bit confused on what might happen.

1 Like

I expect it’s a bug.

Well, those are filters. When you select a specific category, everything else is excluded. By default, all filters are off, so everything is displayed. So it technically makes sense but so does the prior way if you look at it as- what do you want to see? All categories…

Was there mass confusion we weren’t aware of? Or is it change because a software person viewed the purpose differently? :wink: