Remote starter install caused electrical issues on Chevy Equinox?

Had a remote starter installed on 2009 Chevy Equinox at Best Buy. Immediately afterwards, 3 issues occurred, and I’d like to know if anyone thinks they were caused by faulty installation.

1. The Traction Control System (TCS) or Stabilitrak button located on the shifter console no longer works. I don’t get any error or service messages on the dash, the button just does nothing. So I don’t even know if TCS is still functioning.

2. The turn signals no longer self-cancel. The blinkers work, but after spinning the wheel back they stay on, and I have to manually turn them off.

3. The driver’s side front power window stopped working. No grinding or mechanical sounds, just dead. All other windows are still working fine.

I have an appointment to have them look at the issues, but I’m expecting hassles. Hoping I can come armed with as much information and advice as possible.
Would really appreciate the help.

No doubt an incompetent installer. Keep all the paperwork.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

my 06 equinox had an abs wheel sensor issue and abs/tcs were off. i am fairly sure my year does not have a tcs disable button. your cannot disable the tcs which is the opposite of typical issues. usually the tcs light is on which means the system detects and issue.

1 Like

I hope they can sort it out and get the job done right for you.

For me, I would avoid cars with remote starters, especially if it’s not a factory installed system. Too many places to have something go wrong in the electrics. Not as bad as having your car sit in flood waters, but still…

Good luck and please keep us informed.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been hearing that a lot–after having it done. Guess I should have researched more before buying it.
Thanks.