Rebuilt engine

IS THE COST OF REPLACING 93 COUGAR XRC ENGINE WITH A REBUILT 89 COUGAR WORTH IT?

NO. Probably not. First off, you can probably pick up a used Cougar with a good engine for a lot less than the cost of doing an engine swap. Secondly, in this day of computerized cars, doing an engine swap between different years can be very difficult and can lead to unforeseen difficulties.

Now, if your Cougar is in exceptionally good shape, the donor engine is yours outright and you can do some research on whether they will interchange, it might make some sense.

You will never likely retain the value of the vehicle in doing this transplant.

However a larger question arises on “worth it”. If you instead decide to purchase a brand new Ford for $25k or even $12K with payments than it may be well worth it as you will spend far less money keeping your old ride going. A bit extreme but I think you get the jist and you have to answer the question.

Illegal to go backwards in engine replacement, unless the same standards apply. Can’t remember if they changed over this time or not. Reputable shops won’t do this kind of work, but you can probably find someone that will.

What engine is this in the '93?

I have a '94 Cougar. Every I know says get a Mustang 5.0 and drop it in you will more bang for your buck
I am getting the headgasket replaced on mine. Then maybe If I can find resonable price getting a 5.0