Rave: Hubcap spinners

Well I drive a old piece of junk. Not powerful and not cool my 17 year old Ford Tempo just can’t cut it with the big boys who cruise down my towns strip with their Aston’s and Ferrari’s

Then one day I was bored and decided it would be hilarious, if I bought 4 hubcap spinners to replace my 3 other hubcaps. (I was missing one)

Let me tell you, this was quite possibly the most hilarious, most awesome and by far most worthwhile mod ever to be made to a Ford Tempo.

These things cost me $60 2 years ago, and true to 3-6 Mafia’s song “they don’t stop”

Young men enjoy attracting attention to themselves by having loud stereos and sweet cars, let me tell you, my stereo is not loud, but because I have hubcap spinners, I get way more attention at every single stop light than you could ever get with a loud stereo.

They mesmerize people, people are always staring at them. This comes in three general forms

1) Older people who do not understand/have never seen spinners. These people will stare at the hubcaps and then attempt to explain using hand motions to whomever is with them what’s going on. It’s entertaining to watch.

2) Other young adults both male and female in cars and on the streets giving me thumbs up and occasionally yelling sweet spinners from the sidewalk/ cafe patios/

3) Little kids who are so overcome by the power of the spin they usually go “wow cool”

When I think of the thousands of dollars young men spend on their cars trying to stand out, I realise that I saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars, and attract just as much attention if not more than those with ridiculously loud stereo’s and sweet ‘real’ rims.

And that combines to make my own Aston that much closer…but makes me avoid getting pulled over by the cops…not a nuisance to be around…and it makes my Tempo stand out…so that I can cruise and get just as many comments as the big boys in there Aston Martins.

All told, best $60 dollars I’ve EVER spent.

Quick google search shows a place that sells spinners for almost $2200 for rims and tires, and they say you’re saving 50~70% off MSRP for them.
So, revel in the fact that you’ve saved atleast 3 or 4 grand by buying those hubcaps.

Undershorts On One’s Head Would Get Almost The Same Response, At Even A Greater Savings.

I’ve never had a desire to draw attention to myself with either gimmick. I guess it’s a case of “whatever floats your boat”. But, then again, I’ve never driven a Tempo, either.

:-))

CSA, you took the words–almost verbatim–out of my mouth!

HAHAHAHAHA…nice.
Don’t tell me you’ve never seen guys drive around with ridiculously loud stereo’s in an attempt to look cool.

Not all attention is good. Are they laughing with you or at you?

Sure, I have seen (and heard) guys driving around with ridiculously loud stereos in an attempt to look cool. Please note the emphasis on the word “attempt”.

I would say with. I mean lets be honest, it’s a ford tempo were talking about. I have no illusions that my car is cool. I just think it’s hilarious, that other young men spend thousands on their cars to get more or less the same effect I got by spending $60.

Sometimes I wonder what would make my 21 year old Accord more fun. I’m thinking argyle paint job.

What is argyle??

Like a pair of argyle socks.

There’s huge diffrence between Pep Boys spinning hubcaps and a set of 26 inch chrome spinner wheels. And the effect is different. It’s sort of like saying a Geo is the same as a Ferrari since they both get you to the same place. However purchasing either is grounds for mockery.

My Attention Getter Ratings:

Spinner Hubcaps - 2 out of 10 - Not creative enough!

Undershorts on head - 2 out of 10 - Creepy!

Car Central Air Conditioner (posted recently by Whitey) - 10 out of 10 - Priceless! (and practical)

In case you missed Whitey’s recent contribution, click this link:
http://community.cartalk.com/posts/downloadAttach/205536.page

Doesn’t that Bad Boy deserve a spot in “Reserved Parking”? Great Scott! Put her right next to Doc’s special Delorean!

CSA

I would agree that both are a waste of money. However I wasted far less money than I would have buying real spinners.

until someone runs off with the generator…